1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire sizing help.. Please?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by LittleLady808, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Mar 14, 2014 at 1:32 AM
    LittleLady808

LittleLady808 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kauai,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prerunner SR5 2.7l
    Hi guys, please don't flame me for asking this question because I've read thru the forum but it's all Greek to me! Lol anyway, I have a 2013 Tacoma double cab 4cyl and was originally thinking of changing my rims but my brother in law almost had a fit when I told him that so I decided I would keep the TRD Off road rims and just put bigger tires on them. With wanting new rims, weight of the rim was a concern because I don't want to bog my truck down with extra weight being that it is a 4cyl. Therefore, that's even more so why I just decided to stay with the stocks. Anyway, what is the biggest tire I could go with on this rim with no interference to the fender well or anything like that? And would bigger tires bog me down a lot more than the stock tires? Thanks for all and any input! :)

2. Mar 14, 2014 at 2:33 AM
    LittleLady808

LittleLady808 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kauai,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prerunner SR5 2.7l
    The stock tires they have on the rims are so small looking leaving so much fender space that really looks like it needs to be filled! I love my mpg and this one reason why I decided to stay with the stock rim. At least it's not the steel rims though so at least it's a little lighter but I wanted to beef up the look a little without losing to much mpg's or having fender interference. I'll look into the 265/75's, thank you.

3. Mar 14, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    Hollywood22

Hollywood22 Wranglin the Badger

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Generation X
    OME Lift, LR UCA's

Ya...what he said....that's the biggest you want to go or a 265/70/17 which is the same.

The SCS 6's are bad ass!!! I am going to throw them on in the spring...here is the SCS 6 thread...the weight of the rim is in there somewhere....i know it's substantially lower than the stock sport wheels if I recall correctly....good luck!!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires-marketplace/238505-scs-stealth-6-wheels-17x8-5-a.html

Products Discussed in

To Top