Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Oversize tires--what about the spare?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2009, 07:10 AM   #1
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Oversize tires--what about the spare?

Do you guys have the same size spare just in case?
Diffs don't like a smaller tire on the same axle.
I'm probably going to go with a cheap same size tire for a spare if I go bigger.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:56 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Check with your local tire shops and local auto shops - or maybe even a 4WD shop. They might have used tires available in the size you're looking for.

I have a 35x12.50 M/T on my jeep that I bought used from a tire shop locally. Only cost me like $5. Had it mounted on an old cheap steal wheel and I'm good to go. The tire just barely passes inspection in terms of tread, but whatta I care? I haven't used it in 5 years!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Check with your local tire shops and local auto shops - or maybe even a 4WD shop. They might have used tires available in the size you're looking for.

I have a 35x12.50 M/T on my jeep that I bought used from a tire shop locally. Only cost me like $5. Had it mounted on an old cheap steal wheel and I'm good to go. The tire just barely passes inspection in terms of tread, but whatta I care? I haven't used it in 5 years!
Great idea,Janster.