1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice on tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Nsjones, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Apr 11, 2014 at 12:24 AM
    Nsjones

Nsjones [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 4cyl prerunner
    Camper shell w/ Yakima racks
    I've had my truck for around a year now (2013 4cly prerunner) and am counting down the days till I wear down the stock Dunlop tires (P245/75/16) that they put on it when I bought it. I've been interested in BFG all terrians in the stock size (LT245/75/16) or nitto terra grapplers in P265/70/16.

The bfgs are the stock size but a LT tires which I don't need and the nittos are a passenger tire but a size bigger. What do you think would be a better option or is it a smarter decision to get something like the hancook dynapro ATM, toyo open country at2 or cooper discover at3 in the stock size and P rated? Any advice would help. Look forward to hearing your responses.

2. Aug 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM
    ecotecin

ecotecin Wait, whut........

Member:
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB sold (2020 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab)
    I am wondering the same thing. From the looks, the grandtrek is t going to last very long.

3. Aug 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Where do you live? What terrain do you drive over? What's the weather like? Will you be going offroad?

Products Discussed in

To Top