Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How Far Would You Go For A Great Deal

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up How Far Would You Go For A Great Deal

Got an unbelievable deal on some FJ rims and tires on ebay a few weeks ago. Had to drive 5 1/2 hours each way to pick them up in Ohio.

Here's an update on the final cost on the deal:

Bought 4 FJ Cruiser rims & tires - $112.50

Here's the ebay link for the rims and tires:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...c=1&vie witem=

Bought 4 new center caps on ebay- $60.00

2 tanks of gas for the road trip - $60.00

Food and tolls - $15.00

Dismounting factory tires to sell OEM rims - $32.00

All in cost $279.00

Sold my OEM Sport alloy rims(tires, lug nuts, and pressure sensors not included) on ebay for $495.00 (including shipping fee).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...c=1&vie witem=

Actual UPS shipping cost - $73.00 (auction shipping fee stated $100.00)

Final net in my pocket when it's all done - $143.00

How many other knuckleheads do you know that can put "aftermarket" tires and rims on their truck (or car) and walk away from the deal on the plus side. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

I will admit, I was extremley lucky with the deal I got on the FJ rims and tires...... But I like to think that I'm a smart ebay shopper.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
holy shit man,u STOLE them.thats friggen awsome.good for u.goota love that.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
wow. 4 rims for $112.

go for it.

Just plan a nice weekend getaway or something! Make a good time out of it!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
How about this deal, I'm driving from East Coast North Carolina to San Diego California to learn how to be a Recruiter! Friggen sweet deal if you ask me!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #6
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1012 View Post
wow. 4 rims for $112.
That's 4 rims.... AND 4 tires......

The tires had about 10,000 miles left on them, but no matter, I was more interested in the rims. The tires were a bonus.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:01 AM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
How about this deal, I'm driving from East Coast North Carolina to San Diego California to learn how to be a Recruiter! Friggen sweet deal if you ask me!
lol... they'll prep you well for a future in used car sales

Old 04-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #9
ccs368 is on a distinguished road
ccs368's Tacoma Gallery
Definately a great score. Looks like the seller did not want to ship the wheels thus such a fantastic price. I don't think I am as adventerous as you are but looks like in this case, it was well worth it.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #10
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I drove from Ft Worth, TX to Phoenix, AZ for an In-N-Out burger with 4 friends in an extended cab Chevy Silverado. I was in the back seat, with my feet on the driveshaft hump for the majority of the trip. We got to In-N-Out, ate, then turned right around and came back. No sleep, no showers.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:59 AM   #12
Cap is on a distinguished road

Cap's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work - make sure to post some pics when you mount those bad boyz
Old 04-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #13
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
WOW!! What a awesome deal you got!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
I drove from Ft Worth, TX to Phoenix, AZ for an In-N-Out burger with 4 friends in an extended cab Chevy Silverado. I was in the back seat, with my feet on the driveshaft hump for the majority of the trip. We got to In-N-Out, ate, then turned right around and came back. No sleep, no showers.

DUDE!! How long was that drive 1 way??? THATS INSANE!!! What did you order once you got there?

I though I was bad to drive 5 hours round trip for a burrito! LOL
Old 04-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #14
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
DUDE!! How long was that drive 1 way??? THATS INSANE!!! What did you order once you got there?

I thought I was bad to drive 5 hours round trip for a burrito! LOL
One way is 15 hours. Once we got there, I ordered 2 Double Doubles, Animal style fries, and a large Coke. My buddy Marcus, however, got 3 4x4s! That's 12 patties and 12 slices of cheese, plus all the fixings! He finished 3, then took a smoke break and powered through the last one. He kind of a legend in my eyes.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #16
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
One way is 15 hours. Once we got there, I ordered 2 Double Doubles, Animal style fries, and a large Coke. My buddy Marcus, however, got 3 4x4s! That's 12 patties and 12 slices of cheese, plus all the fixings! He finished 3, then took a smoke break and powered through the last one. He kind of a legend in my eyes.
WOW!!! That drive home musta suck'd !!!! You crazy focker
Old 04-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
For a deal like that I might drive to Ohio too...I wouldn't make money on the deal...but DAMN...Someone didn't know what they had!!
This guy knew exactly what he had. He's a mechanic at a Toyota dealership.

I'm pretty sure the reason I got such a great is becasue he lives out in the middle of knowwhere, and did not want to ship the stuff.

He said the wheels came off of a customers FJ that was getting some upgrades, and they didn't want them, so he brought them home and was going to build an off-road truck, but never did. After having these in the garage for about 9 months he figuered it was time to sell them.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I would go across the country.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #20
meafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: RCR( Royal Canadian Regiment) INF
Name: Mike
meafordmike's Tacoma Gallery
Do they fit no problem??? BTW Good deal for you!!. I have a deal for 5 FJC rims 17in. WIll they replace my 17in Tacoma Rims