LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need your expert opinion guys: Should I Keep or Sell my 22" Momo Storm Wheels??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
heintjie is on a distinguished road

heintjie's Tacoma Gallery
Need your expert opinion guys: Should I Keep or Sell my 22" Momo Storm Wheels??

A really really good friend of mine gave me a his old set of 6 lug 22" Momo Storm wheels and tires (came of his Escalade) for my birthday and I now have this dilemma on whether I should get them on my Tacoma or sell them. This should not have been a problem obviously because I would rather keep the wheels than sell them, however when I called a shop (Firestone Complete Auto) yesterday and asked if they can install and balance the wheels and tires for me - they said the 6 lug pattern on the wheels don't match my trucks 6 lug pattern. I was like WTF?

So now I am making this plea to all TacoWorld experts to help me out with this predicament. Would I "really" be able to install the 22" Momo Storm wheels on my '06 Super White Toyota Tacoma Double-Cab Long Bed, or should I just sell it and not cry out about it. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks!

Attached are the images of the tires and the link to the Momo website for the wheels.

http://www.momo.com/usa/products.php...roduct=14&l=en
Attached Thumbnails
Need your expert opinion guys: Should I Keep or Sell my 22" Momo Storm Wheels??-img_0206.jpg   Need your expert opinion guys: Should I Keep or Sell my 22" Momo Storm Wheels??-img_0205.jpg  
Old 04-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
The Caddy and Tacoma share the same bolt pattern (6x5.5 or 6x139.7)

They wheels should bolt up... but I don't know the backspacing of them, etc. so I can't let you know whether they'll fit or not.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the info Delmarva. So what you're saying is the wheels should fit my truck's 6 lug pattern but you're just not sure if the bolts would be able to screw in correctly because of the backspacing? I really just wish another TacoWorld member has the same wheels and come up and say it works for them so I don't have to sell my wheels. I'm still confused here.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Just my own opinion, but I personally don't like big wheels on 4x4's ... if it was an x-runner I would say yes though...
Old 04-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by heintjie View Post
Thanks for the info Delmarva. So what you're saying is the wheels should fit my truck's 6 lug pattern but you're just not sure if the bolts would be able to screw in correctly because of the backspacing? I really just wish another TacoWorld member has the same wheels and come up and say it works for them so I don't have to sell my wheels. I'm still confused here.
More or less that is what he was saying....The inside edges of the rims might not clear stuff inside the wheel well (UCA's, Coils, Frame Suspension mounts, etc)

You've got the rims already...Why not just jack the truck up and give it a shot...See if they fit on and spin freely??
Old 04-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Do you plan on lifting your truck or anything like that? Personally I don't like anything bigger then 18's on a Taco but that's just me. Plus I like the off-road look. Others like that street look to it. If it was me, since they are 22"s, MOMO's, and have tires mounted on them, you could probably get a good amount of cash for them and buy some 17"s or 18"s with some beefy tires to replace them. But again, that's just my opinion. And I see you have an 06' as well, mine is just a SB.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Do you plan on lifting your truck or anything like that? Personally I don't like anything bigger then 18's on a Taco but that's just me. Plus I like the off-road look. Others like that street look to it. If it was me, since they are 22"s and have tires mounted on them, you could probably get a good amount of cash for them and buy some 17"s or 18"s with some beefy tires to replace them. But again, that's just my opinion.
+1 for personal style...
Old 04-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're right with the first part... the wheels should bolt up to your truck. The backspacing refers to the distance between the rear lip and the the lug holes. The lower the backspacing, the further the wheels will stick out. If the BS is incorrect, you may have rubbing, etc. on the suspension components, etc.

The best way to see if it fits is to put them on. Get a jack and some jackstands... put the wheels on and see if they bolt on... give it a shot... see what happens.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Grab a jack and found out quick.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
You're right with the first part... the wheels should bolt up to your truck. The backspacing refers to the distance between the rear lip and the the lug holes. The lower the backspacing, the further the wheels will stick out. If the BS is incorrect, you may have rubbing, etc. on the suspension components, etc.

The best way to see if it fits is to put them on. Get a jack and some jackstands... put the wheels on and see if they bolt on... give it a shot... see what happens.
Hey whats up Mike! Been busy I see?
Old 04-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #11

Looks like I might just part with them wheels. Are there going to be any takers for a quck sale if I give them away for $1500 the whole set? I think I should start another post for this one.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Looks like I might just part with them wheels. Are there going to be any takers for a quck sale if I give them away for $1500 the whole set? I think I should start another post for this one.
Yeah there are certain rules you need to follow when selling stuff on TW. So are you going to be going for an off-road look or street look?
Old 04-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #13

Yea I'll definitely start a new post for that one. I think I'm going to go for off-road after I sell the wheels. The street look works for me but I think its to high maintenance.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.

Yeah look at getting a 3" lift to with some nice wheels and tires and you will be good to go! Since you are also a SW Taco owner, here is my truck for some thoughts maybe.

Quote:
Yea I'll definitely start a new post for that one. I think I'm going to go for off-road after I sell the wheels. The street look works for me but I think its to high maintenance.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #16

What kind of wheels and tired do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah look at getting a 3" lift to with some nice wheels and tires and you will be good to go! Since you are also a SW Taco owner, here is my truck for some thoughts maybe.