1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need your expert opinion guys: Should I Keep or Sell my 22" Momo Storm Wheels??

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by heintjie, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Apr 4, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    heintjie

heintjie [OP] Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab (long bed)
    A really really :D good friend of mine gave me a his old set of 6 lug 22" Momo Storm wheels and tires (came of his Escalade) for my birthday and I now have this dilemma on whether I should get them on my Tacoma or sell them. This should not have been a problem obviously because I would rather keep the wheels than sell them, however when I called a shop (Firestone Complete Auto) yesterday and asked if they can install and balance the wheels and tires for me - they said the 6 lug pattern on the wheels don't match my trucks 6 lug pattern. I was like WTF? :eek:

So now I am making this plea to all TacoWorld experts to help me out with this predicament. Would I "really" be able to install the 22" Momo Storm wheels on my '06 Super White Toyota Tacoma Double-Cab Long Bed, or should I just sell it and not cry out about it. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks!

Attached are the images of the tires and the link to the Momo website for the wheels.

http://www.momo.com/usa/products.php?id_cat=1&id_subcat=2&id_product=14&l=en

IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg

2. Apr 4, 2009 at 2:14 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    The Caddy and Tacoma share the same bolt pattern (6x5.5 or 6x139.7)

They wheels should bolt up... but I don't know the backspacing of them, etc. so I can't let you know whether they'll fit or not.

3. Apr 4, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    heintjie

heintjie [OP] Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info Delmarva. So what you're saying is the wheels should fit my truck's 6 lug pattern but you're just not sure if the bolts would be able to screw in correctly because of the backspacing? I really just wish another TacoWorld member has the same wheels and come up and say it works for them so I don't have to sell my wheels. I'm still confused here. :confused:

4. Apr 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    MUDFISH

MUDFISH Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse
    Vehicle:
    12 Double Cab SR5
    Just my own opinion, but I personally don't like big wheels on 4x4's ... if it was an x-runner I would say yes though...

5. Apr 4, 2009 at 2:35 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    More or less that is what he was saying....The inside edges of the rims might not clear stuff inside the wheel well (UCA's, Coils, Frame Suspension mounts, etc)

You've got the rims already...Why not just jack the truck up and give it a shot...See if they fit on and spin freely??

6. Apr 4, 2009 at 2:36 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Do you plan on lifting your truck or anything like that? Personally I don't like anything bigger then 18's on a Taco but that's just me. Plus I like the off-road look. Others like that street look to it. If it was me, since they are 22"s, MOMO's, and have tires mounted on them, you could probably get a good amount of cash for them and buy some 17"s or 18"s with some beefy tires to replace them.;) But again, that's just my opinion.:eek: And I see you have an 06' as well, mine is just a SB.

7. Apr 4, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    +1 for personal style...

8. Apr 4, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    You're right with the first part... the wheels should bolt up to your truck. The backspacing refers to the distance between the rear lip and the the lug holes. The lower the backspacing, the further the wheels will stick out. If the BS is incorrect, you may have rubbing, etc. on the suspension components, etc.

The best way to see if it fits is to put them on. Get a jack and some jackstands... put the wheels on and see if they bolt on... give it a shot... see what happens. :D

9. Apr 4, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    Grab a jack and found out quick.

10. Apr 4, 2009 at 2:40 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Hey whats up Mike! Been busy I see?

11. Apr 4, 2009 at 3:35 PM
    heintjie

heintjie [OP] Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    Looks like I might just part with them wheels. Are there going to be any takers for a quck sale if I give them away for $1500 the whole set? I think I should start another post for this one. :cool:

12. Apr 4, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah there are certain rules you need to follow when selling stuff on TW. So are you going to be going for an off-road look or street look?

13. Apr 4, 2009 at 3:53 PM
    heintjie

heintjie [OP] Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    Yea I'll definitely start a new post for that one. I think I'm going to go for off-road after I sell the wheels. The street look works for me but I think its to high maintenance.
    :burnrubber:

14. Apr 4, 2009 at 3:56 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah look at getting a 3" lift to with some nice wheels and tires and you will be good to go! Since you are also a SW Taco owner, here is my truck for some thoughts maybe.
    [​IMG]

15. Apr 4, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    Those wheels don't look that bad.

16. Apr 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM
    heintjie

heintjie [OP] Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    What kind of wheels and tired do you have?

17. Apr 4, 2009 at 8:07 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Sell em, trucks don't look right with big wheels and o-ring tires.

Products Discussed in

To Top