1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Duratracs summer wear

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mainewoodsballer, May 12, 2014.

1. May 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM
    drunktaco

drunktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sage
    Southwest Va
    Icon ext travel C/O's, Total Chaos UCA's, King R/R shocks, All-Pro leaf pack, lights, RCI skid, Brute Force sliders, ect.
    I would recommend looking into the safari TSR's. I've ran them for ~20k miles on my truck and that honestly still look new. Not to mention I got them in 265/75/16 for $135 each shipped to my door, also they have done extremely well off road and in some deep snow.

2. May 13, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    mainewoodsballer

mainewoodsballer [OP] YESSAHBUD...heyut

Member:
    First Name:
    Ol' Waltah
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB TRD Sport (Pyrite Mica)
    Check out my Build to See!
    Il give them a try and just rotate them often see how it goes. Il get something else next time if they suck. They make em every day.

3. May 13, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Take advice from people like us who have actually used the product, and not from the guy at the tire shop. No offense to guys who do work at them, I used to work at one for years when I was younger, but we didn't have any first hand experience or use with 98% of the products we sold.

On another note, I had Duratracs and I didn't notice any abnormal or excessive wear at all. In fact I'd say they wore better and lasted longer than other name brand tires I've used in the past. AND this was in the Texas sun where the temps hit 110+ in August.

I no longer have the Duratracs because I switched to a more gas friendly Michelin LTX AT2s which by the way are the best tire I've owned yet for my use. Either one you can't go wrong though.

4. May 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    mick478

mick478 He is The STig

Member:
    First Name:
    Bott
    Stockton, CACA
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD Sport, 4x4 doublemint cab
    Ome 885 coils Ome n9000 front shocks Ome n182 rear shocks K&n drop in filter Duratracs Kenwood kac 90210d Kicker 12" Alpine 800 watt 4 channel Pioneer 430w 6x9 Firestone ride rite air springs
    Our trucks are so light that the tires last. I LOVED MY DURATRACS! But I had no use for them other than looks. I occasionally went to the snow, but rarely had to even use 4wd. I have rugged terrains now, have about 5-6,000 miles on them so far. He only thing I didn't like about the duratracs is when they get low on tread, you must rotate them often to keep the noise down, but it always is cool having an exhaust note and the tire hum!

5. May 13, 2014 at 2:35 PM
    Toyoda Tacoma

Toyoda Tacoma Do or Do not there is no try.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Double cab, Long box
    Roof Rack, Step Bars, 3” Rough Country lift 265/70/17 Goodyear DuraTracs
    Go with the Dura trace I have 60 KM on them and i still have over half and 3/4 tread left

6. May 13, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    mainewoodsballer

mainewoodsballer [OP] YESSAHBUD...heyut

Member:
    First Name:
    Ol' Waltah
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB TRD Sport (Pyrite Mica)
    Check out my Build to See!
    I have the rugged terrain right now. I like them too. Had the dealer put them one when I got the truck. Put 46k on them so far. Still sooo much tread left.

7. May 14, 2014 at 2:08 AM
    tam

tam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tam
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    Reasons to steal my truck...
    Icon Ext. Travel C/O, TC UCA, Spidertrax 1.25" spacers, CF hood, Glass bedsides, Doug Thorley cat-back, Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 265/75/16
    Have you owned either tire? I still get people coming up to me asking me when I got new tires for my truck and they are >4 years old. I have the Wrangler Duratracs on my truck.

8. May 14, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    Bisket

Bisket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Sport Inferno
    I've had them on my ranger and put 40000 miles on them. With no issues I could have got another 20000 out of them.

9. May 14, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    tam

tam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tam
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    Icon Ext. Travel C/O, TC UCA, Spidertrax 1.25" spacers, CF hood, Glass bedsides, Doug Thorley cat-back, Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 265/75/16
    I've probably got more than that on my set and they've been golden. :thumbsup: I'm curious - what issues did you run into?

To qualify my previous statement my truck barely leaves the pavement (working on changing that.) If I can remember I'll snap a pic of my tires later today.

10. May 14, 2014 at 5:55 AM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    I have the duratracs and they have been going strong for 45,000 miles. I lived in washington state for most of that. Load range D, proper inflation always.

Buy em ;)

11. May 14, 2014 at 6:01 AM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    That may speak more for your particular use of them(or lack thereof). Duratracs are clearly an offroad AT. The voids are significantly larger than most proper AT tires. Large voids are there to facilitate clearing debris from the tread. Debris that isn't likely on your local highway. If you cannot tell this from looking at them, i suggest you look at some advanced treads with varied applications in mind and attempt to comprehend how the great minds were at work. How long a tire might last is but one part of the equation when deciding what tire is tight for you. I would suggest safety, i.e. looking at your needs and how that tire performs in those conditions is paramount.

12. May 14, 2014 at 6:04 AM
    tam

tam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tam
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    My statements were based on the post quoted above. You said do not expect them to last long if they see a lot of pavement. Mine have been going for over 4 years and over 40,000 miles mostly on pavement. I'll post pics of the tread later today.

Last edited: May 14, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top