Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel spacers

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #1
SteadyStackn is on a distinguished road
SteadyStackn's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel spacers

Whattup everyone, I have a 2014 Trd prerunner. Everything is stock. Im kind of new to the truck scene.

But I was wondering
Will buying 1.25 wheel spacers create rubbing on my stock wheels?
The standard height of my truck is acceptable for me as of now. I'm not planning on lifting my truck.
If so, what would I have to do to erase rubbing?

Help please
Old 05-27-2014, 01:15 AM   #2
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Soooo.... Welcome to TW...

About your question, if you have stock wheels and tires, they won't rub with spacers... Just make sute you torque them correctly and use locktite!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:57 AM   #3
SteadyStackn is on a distinguished road
SteadyStackn's Tacoma Gallery
Will locktite be an issue to come off in the long run?
And if I were to change tires in the long run, what would be the max size rims and wheels I could install on my truck, without rubbing?
Old 06-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
Scrub
yodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedyodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedyodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedyodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedyodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedyodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedyodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedyodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedyodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedyodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedyodatoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tim
yodatoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Blue Locktite will come off with some elbow grease, Red locktite is considered permanent. But with a blow torch and some more elbow grease, it too will come off.
As for your other question I can't really answer that. To much of a newb myself when it comes to modding.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
buzzed is on a distinguished road
Name: Ron
buzzed's Tacoma Gallery
I tried 265/70/17 on TRD Sport wheels and 1.25" spacers. Had some rubbing issues, even with minor trimming to flaps, etc. Ended up taking them off. Hopefully, I can put the spacers back on after my 5100's arrive.