Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

great deal..new bfg all terrain k/o 265/70/17's updated with pics

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

countrylivn's Tacoma Gallery
great deal..new bfg all terrain k/o 265/70/17's updated with pics

Was about to pull the trigger on a set of new bfg all terrain at discount tire and called a local tire store to inquire about price installed.. he said 1093.05 installed ( which he took some more off ) for 265-70-17 on 2014 trd sport double cab.. I said ok ill call you back .. he then said i see its a 2014 ( i said yes ) then he asked how many miles on my factory tires .. told him 625 total miles ( actually was 1145 when i got there 5/30/14 to install ) .. he said he would give me 440.00 as trade in.. so got brand new bfg all terrain ta k/o for 589.35 installed which i think is a great deal and great service on their part with life time rotation and balancing.. will post pics on saturday.. getting them put on friday .. as im out of town the next 3 days

Guess its good to support your local shops and businesses..

Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Just rotate them often and make sure they are balanced as well. Good deal though IMO.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Just rotate them often and make sure they are balanced as well. Good deal though IMO.

oh yeh for sure .. they are a very reputable company around here so will make sure they rotate them for me every 4-5k miles and stay on top of any balancing issues
Old 05-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
Watt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
Watt maker's Tacoma Gallery
BFGs have mostly been good to me. I've ran quite a few sets of them on various trucks over the years. Although, I've had a few sets that would balance for chit though. I usually get a lot of miles out of them before the tread is gone. I'm seriously considering another set for my new 4runner when it shows up.

FWIW, the hankooks on my 2008 4runner have also been really good and really have surprised me over the last 60k miles with them.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watt maker View Post
BFGs have mostly been good to me. I've ran quite a few sets of them on various trucks over the years. Although, I've had a few sets that would balance for chit though. I usually get a lot of miles out of them before the tread is gone. I'm seriously considering another set for my new 4runner when it shows up.

FWIW, the hankooks on my 2008 4runner have also been really good and really have surprised me over the last 60k miles with them.
man the hankook dynapro is a great tire.. i just cant get passed the looks.. i have them on my suv and are a great tire.. but to me the bfg has a tad more aggressiveness look on sidewall idk..... but hankook makes an awesome tire and truthfully i think even better than bfg and nitto..
Old 05-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
positraction127 is on a distinguished road
positraction127's Tacoma Gallery
nice

Can't beat the looks of the BFG A/T. Just got a set a couple weeks ago, the 265/70.
Attached Thumbnails
great deal..new bfg all terrain k/o 265/70/17's updated with pics-photo-9-.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by positraction127 View Post
Can't beat the looks of the BFG A/T. Just got a set a couple weeks ago, the 265/70.
Awesome thanks buddy!! Any rubbing ? I know 265/70/17 is fine but with the 5.5 bs of the trd sport i thought someone posted they rub on the uca??? Wouldnt think so but since u have the sport wheels like me thought i would ask
Old 05-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #8
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
I put 265/70/17 BFG TA KOs on my stock trd sport rims and they rubbed the lower part of the fender liner on that stupid piece that hangs down (not sure if its there on the 2014s though) But other than some minor trimming they were fine. I cant balance them to save my life and am so frustrated that Im selling them with 50% tread to get some dynapros. Hopefully I have better luck. They are an awesome tire and drove GREAT on and off road I just cant get them balanced for more than a few days. But that didnt happen until I put aftermarket rims on so I think its an issue with that rim/tire combo.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #9

ended up even cheaper .. got 440.00 for trade in of the dunlop tires and only paid $589.35 installed with free lifetime balancing, rotation and flat repair

man the truck drives so so so good a lot better with these on there.. no rubbing yet that i can tell of ..

Old 05-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Not bad at all! $110/tire for a buy back is pretty damn decent in my opinion. I wonder how much they'll actually be able to sell them for.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Not bad at all! $110/tire for a buy back is pretty damn decent in my opinion. I wonder how much they'll actually be able to sell them for.

ya know mike.. i dont know but i was darn happy o have bfg's put on under 600.00 installed
Old 05-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #12
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
is this with tax?
how much is the local shop total without trade in?
I'm shopping around and see costco total price with tax is slightly under $1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylivn View Post
ended up even cheaper .. got 440.00 for trade in of the dunlop tires and only paid $589.35 installed with free lifetime balancing, rotation and flat repair

man the truck drives so so so good a lot better with these on there.. no rubbing yet that i can tell of ..

Old 05-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
is this with tax?
how much is the local shop total without trade in?
I'm shopping around and see costco total price with tax is slightly under $1000.
yeh with tax .. tax is 49.40 and labor 11.00 ( which is tire disposal) as the 240.00 each includes the lifetime rotation, balancing and tire repair and the mount and balance also our state has a 4.00 state scrap fee and a 4.95 environmental fee .. so around 1020.00 would be the total give or take a few dollars with no trade in of the stock tires..

but for me it was worth it as otherwise i would have to pay discount tire for the tires, drive some place to have them mounted and balanced and drive back ..

so 440.00 for the trade in worked wonders in my favor..
Old 05-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #14

updated the first post with pics of the install....its raining bad here and flooding today so not the best pics..
Old 05-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #15
Nephree is on a distinguished road

Nephree's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks OP! After reading this post, decided to stop by America Tire Company (same as Discount Tires here in California) to see what they could offer me for trading my Dunlop AT20 265/65/17's off my 2014 TRD Sport. $610 OTD for the same BFG AT 265/70/17's. Although a good deal, will likely hold off and go wtih 285/70/17 after installing Billies all around.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephree View Post
Thanks OP! After reading this post, decided to stop by America Tire Company (same as Discount Tires here in California) to see what they could offer me for trading my Dunlop AT20 265/65/17's off my 2014 TRD Sport. $610 OTD for the same BFG AT 265/70/17's. Although a good deal, will likely hold off and go wtih 285/70/17 after installing Billies all around.
Yeh so glad to help buddy i am super happy with price and the ride is great!! I dont hear any hum either!! Love this tire!!
Old 06-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #17
kodiak141 is on a distinguished road
kodiak141's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by positraction127 View Post
more pics if you dont mind i have been debating if i should get these tires. im really not looking to lift my truck. and would like to see some picks from the front to see how far they stick out if any.

sweet looking truck btw.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #18
positraction127 is on a distinguished road
positraction127's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak141 View Post
more pics if you dont mind i have been debating if i should get these tires. im really not looking to lift my truck. and would like to see some picks from the front to see how far they stick out if any.

sweet looking truck btw.
Thanks man....I'll have to snap a couple more pics but I'm not sure why you would think they stick out to the sides any more than the OE tires? They really aren't any wider, and they are technically the same width (265). Perhaps the actual footprint is *slightly* wider because the tread is more squared off on the shoulders than the Bridgestones that came on the truck, but that would be it. They don't appear to extend out to the side any farther than the originals.

The main difference is that they are about 1 inch taller than the OE TRD Sport tires. The fronts can rub when you are at full lock and happen to go over a bump, but it's very minor and only happens rarely unless you're off-road a lot. I've only felt it happen twice so far.

On another note, I thought they would noticeably affect the mileage because they are 9 pounds heaver than the stock tires, but I've been paying close attention to the ultra-guage and I've been getting surprisingly good mileage lately. I'd say 18mpg around town, and getting over 20 on the highway. I've been using a pretty soft foot though.