1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wheel and tire help needed for my 03 TRD

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jamey, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Jun 17, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    jamey

jamey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mayport, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD Taco
    OME complete 3" lift with dakar leaf pack and AAL's Relentless fab sliders Uniden CB dynomat'd everything Focal 6" speakers 2 Kicker 10" subs JL Audio HD amp Kicker amp HID headlights LED lights in cab, bed of truck, and under hood. raptor lined bed sliders, and skids
    Hey guys, yes i know, "use the search function" but i'm currently deployed in the Persian Gulf and needless to say the internet is s l o w... No way i'd be able to search threads out here, so I could use some help.

I have an 03 extra cab with the following suspension lift:
    OME 881 coils
    OME sport shocks
    spacers for full 3" in front
    OME replacement packs with OME AAL's

I'm looking to get new tires and rims when i get back and would like to price everything while im out here. after spending so much money on the lift I don't want to go 32's. I gotta have 33 12.5's! (or the metric equivalent). what will i need to do to run these?

I also believe I will need to get new rims for these as well correct? also with possible offset/backspacing that may be required. I want to go black rims 100% positive, would love suggestions on a great rim that looks good on these trucks as well... mines alpine white with black everything else. Thanks in advance guys. :oldglory:

2. Jul 8, 2014 at 6:59 AM
    JAGER91374

JAGER91374 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Des Plaines
    Vehicle:
    3 TRD O/R
    OME 883's and Dakars, OME Shocks, Gray Wire, Deck Plate, Blacked Out Chrome, RAT Skids, BAMF BPV Bracket, Toytec Diff Drop, Braided Extended Brake Lines Front and Rear, In-Dash Nav.
    Jamey - First things first.. Thank you for your service.

Now. There are a lot of people running 33's on the stock rims but you are going to need to trim the plastic at the rear of the front wheel openings and flatten or cut off the pinch weld as the tires will hit it. You may also end up removing the front mud flaps. You're most likely going to be dealing with a small amount of rub on the frame rail as well even with 1inch spacers.

If you plan to whel the truck you might run into issues with the tire hitting the flares as well but i'm not sure about this.

With a 33/12.5 tire be prepared for a pretty significant hit in the power and mileage.

Products Discussed in

To Top