BFGoodrich A/T KO vs Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

View Poll Results: Which tires?
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO 606 78.19%
Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor 111 14.32%
Other (post in thread) 58 7.48%
Voters: 775. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #21
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
On my buddys 01 Taco, he is at 99K on his BFG kKO's! IMO they are past replacing, but for street/hwy only, they are fine. Probably 3/16-1/4" tread left. No cracking, chunking, etc...

In addition, we just did the Crown King trail a month or so ago, soupy rocks, big hills, full locker needed, & he did fine.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #22
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't put Goodyear's on a bicycle. I've never had any good luck with Goodyear.

My $.02
Old 05-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #23
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
well off i go tomorrow to get either bfg mt, at or those wrangler duratracs. out the door 31x10.5x15 for under $600
Old 05-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #24
Rangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant futureRangerpeterson has a brilliant future

Army: 75th Ranger Regiment
Rangerpeterson's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had BFG's on every vehicle i've ever owned. Cant go wrong with them in my opinion...
Old 05-04-2009, 11:16 PM   #25
staylifted04 is on a distinguished road
staylifted04's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

bfgs all thew way around.. MT'S OR AT'S both have grip and lasting tread. I run 305/r16 MT KO and swear by them buggers.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #26
MEMO is on a distinguished road
MEMO's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Guys I am also going to get BFG today. out the door for only 720dlls in San Diego CA, And have been shopping for more than 2 moths thats a great price. You score.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #27
cranky is on a distinguished road
cranky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMO View Post
Hello Guys I am also going to get BFG today. out the door for only 720dlls in San Diego CA, And have been shopping for more than 2 moths thats a great price. You score.
Thats a great price! Where did you get the deal?
Old 05-25-2009, 06:13 AM   #28
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered the General Grabber AT2? They're $117/ea on TireRack, and I've found that local tire places generally match that price. General Tire also offers a $50 gift card w/ the purchase of 4 every couple of months. I thought it was going on now, but it must have just ended.

They're about as highly rated as any tire I've seen on TireRack, and they have a 50k mile tread life warranty.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #29
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i just got my bfg's at ko so sick and they waaaaaaayy better looking than the other ones... but ive only had mine for 3 days
Old 06-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #30
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMO View Post
mine were way more!!! where is that
Old 06-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #31
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
americas tire has the bfg at ko's on sale starting today, the guy quoted me $1070 mounted,rotated,lifetime warranty ( you save like $100 and some change) but from what others are saying seems like you can find them cheaper..

where did you get yours Panda?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:50 PM   #32
buy 100% Kona coffee.
RZL is on a distinguished road
RZL's Tacoma Gallery
BFG a/t. I've had two sets and loved them. great all around tire that wears well.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #33
BlissTaco is a jewel in the roughBlissTaco is a jewel in the roughBlissTaco is a jewel in the roughBlissTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: James
BlissTaco's Tacoma Gallery
BFG's Fo Sho
Old 06-27-2009, 01:18 AM   #34
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
This is kinda out there but I took them through mud with 5 guys in the Expedition and they're VERY good on the street but go check out the Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S. 8-9/10 overall.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:46 AM   #35
Black Hills Tony is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Maytag Repairman
Black Hills Tony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
im gonna put my vote out there for a set of bridgestone dueler a/t revo's............awesome tires!!
I used to have a set of revos on my old cherokee. They might be a good choice if you don't have to deal with ice and snow. As far as basic A/Ts go, I'd choose a toyo open country A/T over a revo based on my experience with both.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:28 AM   #36
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
im confused i guess why everyone says the bfg doesnt the firestone dest. have alot better ratings? i just dont care for what the dest. look like. What is gonna be the best a/t for snow?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #37
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post
im confused i guess why everyone says the bfg doesnt the firestone dest. have alot better ratings? i just dont care for what the dest. look like. What is gonna be the best a/t for snow?
There are a lot of folks here that run the Firestone Destinations w/ excellent reviews.
The biggest criteria challenges I find is when a general question is ask about what is the best a/t for snow is
1.where do they live,
2.what type of snow, a few flurries, more slush/ice or heavy, large accumalations?
3.what type of driving as in all highway, a mixed bag, class IV types etc.

I purchased my Silent Armors because they were an A/T tire snow-rated (had the little symbol). I can tell you from driving in Vermont, these tires performed "ok", mainly because we tow a lot & see a lot of mixed conditions, heavy wet snow/black ice/slush/regular ol' puffy light fluff in large amounts. This year we changed to a dedicated studded snow tire. The SA's are now only used on the summer rims. I did look at tires on the tacomas around here in Winter time and the majority were Firestone, Cooper, Nokians and Bridgestone Revos.

I know a member here who said his Silent Armors were great in snow, but was in NJ fwiw.
Also David T. is in the biz so to me a subject matter expert. Maybe he will give you his experience too.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #38
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
i live in northern ny right on the canadian border. so we get some pretty extreme winter conditions. i also offroad about once a month.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #40
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
I had the BFG's on my GMC Sonoma Zr2, and I plan on getting a set for the Taco soon... I'm in central NY, and we get a ton of snow, and I've also used them off road, and they handle everything... plus they are great on the road...

Products Discussed in this Thread