Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor 111 14.27%
Other (post in thread) 59 7.58%
Voters: 778. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #42
btacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
btacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i got some hankook dynapro atm r10, theyre pretty good, got a mean look too. got a set for $560

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/hankook/product/byName.do?tmn=DynaPro+ATM+RF10&typ=Truck%2FSUV
Old 09-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #44
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post
Wrangler Duratrac's!! Check these out. I do love my BFG's though.

http://www.goodyear.ca/pdf/WranglerDuraTrac.pdf

I second this one. these things are badass and have minimal road noise for an AT

but when I bought my set it took a while for the shop to find a set. most places have had them backordered since July
Old 10-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #45
leg killa is on a distinguished road

Army:
leg killa's Tacoma Gallery
BFG..great tires..quiet on the road and are great for ocassional off road use
Old 12-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #46
whiteyota is on a distinguished road
Name: Zachary
whiteyota's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
Sears... now for the bad news. I went with the BFG, paid, and they said the tires would be there wednesday. They just called back to say that was the clearance pricing for a discontinued item. The new model is $213 ea.
go on tirerack.com they have the best prices around
Old 12-25-2009, 05:48 AM   #47
Drakken is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Nevin
Drakken's Tacoma Gallery
BFG's !
Old 01-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #48
WHO DAT!
AverageJoe is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
AverageJoe's Tacoma Gallery
I think alot of people here are hooked on the BFG ATs, and dont get me wrong, it's an excellent tire. But, you might take a look at the Firestone Destination ATs before you decide. I've yet to read a bad review on them, and they've got a tough, rugged look.

Also, if anyone is looking into purchasing mud tires anytime soon, take a look at the Destination MTs. My cousin and I went muddin this past weekend in his 07 PreRunner, and we didn't get stuck once. Those tires can get through just about anything. They look pretty badass too.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #50
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
BFG TA/KO'S are a good off road tire, they resist gravel well.

The only thing i don't like about them is they have poor slick conditions grip.
i never liked them for snow and ice.

I really enjoyed the GoodYear Silent Armor, great traction in slick and wet conditions.

Booth tires don't fend well in deep snow and mud, due to not being able to clean out fast enough. If you keep up the rpm's u can manage but it's a real fight.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #51
wht09taco will become famous soon enoughwht09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: James
wht09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
iam with him ^^^^^^ Bridgestone revos

REVOs are Great Tires
Attached Thumbnails
BFGoodrich A/T KO vs Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor-bs_duelerat_revo_owl_ci2_l.jpg  
Old 04-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #52
silver streak taco is on a distinguished road
silver streak taco's Tacoma Gallery
bfg's are overpriced and take a lot of weight to balance out and goodyear's just suck ... had bfg kos kms and now km2s on one vehicle and kos on another and traction is good but not worth the money... have 2 vehicles including my 05 tacoma with nitto terra grapplers .... go with nitto terra, mud, or trail grapplers or toyo mt's
Old 04-08-2010, 03:36 AM   #53
Gauntlet will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
Gauntlet's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned and used numerous sets of BFG A/T's over the past 24 years. They wore very well for the mileage I put on them and were great for running off road. 8 years ago I moved to upstate New York and I now live in an area that gets alot of lake effect snow, with some years being in excess of 300 inches. When it came time to replace the BFG Rugged Trails which came on my 2007 Tundra I was going to get a set of BFG A/T's. I was also familiar with the Goodyear Silent Armor's from a few vehicle's at work and was impressed with how well they performed in the snow. So I decided to give them a try. I can speak from experience that the Goodyear Silent Armor tires are much better in deep snow than the BFG A/T's. They performed better all winter long and had excellent wet traction as well. No, they do not look very aggressive as compared to the BFG A/T and are not really designed as an off road tire, but for me, I bought what works.
Now, is there another tire out there that may be better in the snow than the Silent Armor's, I am sure there is, but we are comparing just these 2 models. Does anyone have any first hand experience in another brand in deep snow?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #54
08TacoTrD will become famous soon enough
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
I just had a set of BFG AT KO's, 265/75/R16, put on my 08 and the shop I used is a goodyear shop and the counter guy showed me the GY tires next to the BFG's and there is no comparison. The tech who installed them was really impressed with them too.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #55
Gauntlet will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
Gauntlet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TacoTrD View Post
I just had a set of BFG AT KO's, 265/75/R16, put on my 08 and the shop I used is a goodyear shop and the counter guy showed me the GY tires next to the BFG's and there is no comparison. The tech who installed them was really impressed with them too.
Not to be flippant, but no comparison at what, appearance? Of the 2 tires being discussed here the BFG A/T is more of an off road tire, but the Goodyear Silent Armor is considerably better at deep snow/wet roads and is rated for 50K miles. I have had both now and of the two, the Silent Armor is superior for my application of driving in deep snow.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #56
ROADHOG will become famous soon enoughROADHOG will become famous soon enough
ROADHOG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5vzrider00 View Post
I love my BFG's. Quiet ride on road and great performance off road. A little pricey but worth it IMO. Not to mention they have a tough look
Ditto! Mounted mine on new rims on the 2010 3 days ago.Been using BFG AT's on my past 3 Toyota 4x4s without even 1 sidewall puncture or flat ever!They are the Holy Grail of offroad tires imho and last 50-60k miles.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #57
slimatsea is on a distinguished road
Navy: Avionics Tech.
Name: Brian
slimatsea's Tacoma Gallery
I had both of those tires on my jeep. If you are buying for traction, the BFG all day. I didn't have any sand experience like you asked about but the Jeep was absolutely magical in the snow with the BFG's. I put the SA's on after 60,000 miles and the reduction in road noise was amazing. However, traction wasn't nearly as good when things got hairy. This is not to say the traction in the SA's wasn't adequate, just not as good as the BFG's.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #59
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
first time BFG user

Love the BFG a/t KO's. The only bad I can see:
- when they wear, water dispersion will suck because they don't have great channels.
- they wear quickly and oddly when running an aggressive diesel (who cares)
- They don't ride like a hwy tire (again, who cares)
- Took a lot of weight to balance
Lots of perks:
- on a tacoma they should last forever and wear even.
- Look aggressive but don't kill fuel economy and ride
- good traction all around.

Mine are 265/75/16 E rated and they do have a snowflake symbol. This tire used to have the symbol, then lost it, and now they have it back. Anyone know what happened there? I heard some negative reviews from people who got sets w/out the symbol - tires wore quick (aggressive diesels). Mine are great so far.

My friend has the GY Wranglers w/ kevlar and they suck in snow and ice. They're a decent hwy tread, but if you're looking at something like that go for the revo 2's.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #60
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
The Goodyear Silent armors are snowflake rated, it has not been winter yet so I'll let you know how they are when it snows. Haha. I don't believe they suck because I have not been stuck in them yet. Where can you get a A/T tire with Kevlar band and a Snowflake symbol?

Products Discussed in this Thread