BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO 607 78.22%
Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor 111 14.30%
Other (post in thread) 58 7.47%
Voters: 776. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #121
bbaggett is on a distinguished road

bbaggett's Tacoma Gallery
I want to either try some Firestone Destination A/T for the awesome reviews or Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #122
wingspar will become famous soon enough

wingspar's Tacoma Gallery
Been doing some research for tires. Due to my remote location, I must do it all online, however yesterday I got to a larger town and stopped in at a tire store. At the time the Cooper AT3's were at the top of my list, but the guy at the store recommended the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO as the best AT tire they have sold for a good number of years. He had one in the showroom, and I got to look at some AT3's that had just been installed on a customers car and watch him drive off. They were quiet.

In person the AT3's looked too aggressive and the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KOís didnít look aggressive enough. For those with experience with both, how does each tire wear and does either tire get noisier with age?

My stock tires are 245/75/16 and Iím considering going with 265/70/16. Wondering how the extra width of the 265/70's affect highway handling.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #123
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is few years old but to anyone else, Ive had both and the Goodyears are quieter and last longer in my experience both being 6 ply in same sizes. The Silent armors rode better and felt more secure in snow living in northern nevada we get good snow falls. So I would go with the Goodyears in a heartbeat when the time comes
Old 11-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #124
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gincoma View Post
I know this is few years old but to anyone else, Ive had both and the Goodyears are quieter and last longer in my experience both being 6 ply in same sizes. The Silent armors rode better and felt more secure in snow living in northern nevada we get good snow falls. So I would go with the Goodyears in a heartbeat when the time comes
Wow, I couldn't disagree more... I find it hard to believe that you thought they were good in the snow.

I've posted in a few different threads in regard to the silent armors. I too have had both. I drive close to 500 miles a week, more in the winter on the silent armors. We run them on our SUV's at work. I had them on an old truck of mine (full size dodge) and got rid of them within close to 5k. I can't stand these tires in the snow! They really scare me and I've been trying to get them to change to a different tire at work(Cheapest on bid). They don't clear well. There isn't enough area between treads. They seem to hydroplane on water. In the snow they just fill up and basically become slicks! I think we have to change them every 20-30k as well at work, seems like we are always getting new tires because of no tread left.

One plus is I guess they are quieter...

Apparently they have discontinued them anyway and the replacement tire does seem to have a much better tread pattern.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #125
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I plowed through 14" of snow with my silentarmors. And even pulled out a dodge 2500 on icy roads. Took some tugs but they gripped enough.

The goodyear guy told me they discontinued the silentarmor now and they have something new and probably better.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #126
Markus326 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Markus326's Tacoma Gallery
I had two sets of BFG A/T's on my Jeep Wranglers. Definitely installing them on my Tacoma as soon as i need tires.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #127
VAYoder4167 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
VAYoder4167's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the BFG's they are good AT's and they can handle alittle mud and off-roading if you throw it at them. They are quiet on the road and tread wear is very little. Alittle pricey but they are worth it.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #128
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaggett View Post
I want to either try some Firestone Destination A/T for the awesome reviews or Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2.
Destination ATs are shit for off-road. Mine have chunked, worn unevenly, and worn very quickly. Two developed slow leaks. They suck.

EDIT: I rode BFG AT TKOs for 10 years on my Tacoma and they served me very well.

Products Discussed in this Thread