1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

18x9 wheel backspacing

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by FABRICK8, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Jul 4, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    FABRICK8

FABRICK8 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    14 Pyrite DCLB Sport
    What kind of backspacing am I wanting for a 9" wheel? I am going to run 275/70/18 duratrac's (33.4") on 18x9 wheels. I will be doing the cab mount chop (cmc) and whatever fender trimming i will need to do. But i want to avoid rubbing the frame and or suspension components all together. I also don't want my tires sticking out a mile. So basically I want to know what the most amount of backspacing I can have and still clear the frame, suspension ext. I hear that 4.5 is a good choice in most case's, but with a 9" wheel that puts the offset at -12 I believe, and that sticks them out a little more than I'd like. Would I be OK with 5" backspacing 0 offset? or even 5.5?

Tacoma specs: 2014 Trd sport DCLB with Icon CO's set to about 3" and Icon UCA's

Post pics of different offset/backspacing! Maybe -12 offset doesn't stick em out that much?

Thanks for the help in advance

2. Jul 6, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    FABRICK8

FABRICK8 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    14 Pyrite DCLB Sport
  3. Jul 9, 2014 at 5:21 PM
    BigIslandTRD

BigIslandTRD beach bound

Member:
    First Name:
    rey
    Big Island (43)
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCSB
    stock-ish.........
    this is somthing i would like to know also.. bump...

4. Jul 9, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    blazze2005

blazze2005 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-Runner Sport
    Fuel Off-Road Octane Wheels,Yokohama Geolander ATS 265/65/17.Grillcraft,Borla Exhaust,Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover,Pop n Lock Tailgate Security,Custom Wet Okle TRD Seat Covers,Catch-All Matts,Gatorback Belt,Shorty Antenna,Toyota Bed Matt,Sirius Radio,Vent Sades,20% Lumar Window Tint
    Im running 18x9 on my pre runner with stock suspension
    Im running 265/60/18
    I have exactly 5/8" clearance space between my uca and bulge of the tire no rub once so ever.
    My wheel is a 5.50" back space
    So a 5.50" back space with A 275 wide tire is gonna rub the uca or damn near with my calculations
    Try this wheel offset calculator,hope it helps Also not sure what your budget is but John at www.wheelsandspinners.com in california is where I buy my wheels from. Nicest guy ever and takes his time with you over the phone to get it all rite!

Products Discussed in

To Top