Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear All Terrain Adventure Review

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear All Terrain Adventure Review

Before I bought these tires I searched on TW and the interwebs and didn't find much of a review thread... certainly not specific to a 1st gen Tacoma.

So I figured I'd start one since I just put them on my truck. I will continually update as the mileage progresses, encounter variable driving conditions and go off road.

Truck specs:

1998 ext cab 3.4L TRD 5-speed
OME 881s, Dakar leafs, nitrosport shocks all around

After driving to and from Discount Tire twice on them, for a total of 5 miles-ish, I can already honestly say these are insanely quiet tires. I've never experienced anything like this in any of my trucks or Legacy GT.

Since 1994 I've been running BFG ATs on my truck and Bronco so this is a new departure for me.

So far they are incredibly smooth and quiet riding tire. Vastly different experience than the BFG ATs.

I am about to embark on a 750 mile road trip so I will get a much better understanding on how they perform on the highway, etc.

I am also excited to see how they handle off road, how low a tire pressure I can run on the trail and see how they handle the rain and snow.

As for the latter I'd imagine it's going to be better than the BFG ATs just based on the tread pattern and how there is a cleaning channel on every outside tread. Every other outside tread on the BFG ATs was blocked and didn't have a channel for snow, mud, etc to self-clean/clear (I don't know how else to explain it).

Here are pics:

Old 07-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
dispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
dispatch55126's Tacoma Gallery
How much did they cost?
Old 07-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #3
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispatch55126 View Post
How much did they cost?
After the $80 Goodyear rebate: $130 per tire

But I also bought the Discount Tire warranty then had to pay installation, disposal, etc fees.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
schwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to all

Name: Ian
schwarthog's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna have to pick up a set of these this winter. Thanks for the insight!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #5

I've put 100 miles on them so far. Dry pavement as well as torrential downpour.

So far, great.

And easily the quietest tire I've ever had. Including road tires for my Legacy GT
Old 07-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #6
schwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to all

How'd the rest of the roadtrip go, still no complaints?
Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #7
dispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddispatch55126 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
dispatch55126's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to ask, what size?
Old 07-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #8

31x10.5 r15

The tires performed amazingly on the road trip. All pavement save a few miles on dirt/gravel roads.

Super quiet and smooth. Hardly any road noise on the highway.

Averaged 23 mpg with 95% of it being highway miles (average speed around 65 mph) in 5th gear around 2250 - 2400 rpms
Old 07-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #9
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
I have these on my 08 Taco. I absolutely love them. I've driven through black ice, rain, mud... They are incredibly tacky. Even climbing clay hills after a good rain, they don't slip. Awesome all around tire.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth.morris07 View Post
I have these on my 08 Taco. I absolutely love them. I've driven through black ice, rain, mud... They are incredibly tacky. Even climbing clay hills after a good rain, they don't slip. Awesome all around tire.
I'm excited to get them off road here on some rocks, dirt and water crossings, etc.

Then I also anticipate to see how they perform in snow, hard packed snow, etc.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth.morris07 View Post
Do you have the LT or P rated ones, out of curiosity?
Old 07-24-2014, 03:46 AM   #12
Hot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the roughHot2na is a jewel in the rough
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
"After driving to and from Discount Tire twice on them, for a total of 5 miles-ish, I can already honestly say these are insanely quiet tires"

...so were my wrangler RTS... until about 20 k then the whined like crazy on the highway....now I own MICHELIN ltx ms2 ...I have peace & quiet again
Old 07-24-2014, 06:08 AM   #13
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarthog View Post
Do you have the LT or P rated ones, out of curiosity?
The P's are the 10-ply right? if so then I have the LT's. tirerack.com didn't have the P's at the time I bought them. They do now and they're the same price with a rebate as I paid for the Lt's.