Notices

Is it worth the trouble?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
BigE is on a distinguished road
Name: Eddie
BigE's Tacoma Gallery
Is it worth the trouble?

So I just got 4 of these wheels, the trd pro graphite wheels.. And if you notice, there's a small dent in the rim itself.. It's barely noticeable with the tires on. Should I go and bug the sales people to get me a new one? And if that do I ask for a free one or just a direct replacement?
Old 07-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
welterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant future
Navy: HT1
welterbf123's Tacoma Gallery
It's pretty minor. I guess it all comes down to weather or not you can live with it. If the tire hides it, I think I'd just leave it alone. It would be nice to see what it looks like with the tire on. On the other hand, I can see your frustration, especially if you paid good money for them.

By the way, your screen name is 'BigE'. I was on the USS Enterprise and it's nickname is 'Big E'. Is this related?
Old 07-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I'd have them swap it out.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Or use it as a 5th
Old 07-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #5
BigE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by welterbf123 View Post
It's pretty minor. I guess it all comes down to weather or not you can live with it. If the tire hides it, I think I'd just leave it alone. It would be nice to see what it looks like with the tire on. On the other hand, I can see your frustration, especially if you paid good money for them.

By the way, your screen name is 'BigE'. I was on the USS Enterprise and it's nickname is 'Big E'. Is this related?
I indeed did pay good money for them. :/ But to see it, you have to take a long hard look at it.

No, no relation. It's just something that one time a few buddies called me, since I'm 6'4 almost and 220lbs. So the name just kinda stuck with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Or use it as a 5th
It would be pretty cool to use as a 5th if they sent me a free one..
Old 07-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #6

Firefighter:
Doubt that. I bet they'd give you the
Option to buy 5 or warrenty it. Doubt they'd give you a 5th for free
Old 07-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #7
Coast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoast2Coast is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast2Coast's Tacoma Gallery
That little divot can cause a corrosion issue loooong before you should start running into that kind of thing. I'd get it replaced. I live in salty roads though. If you had them shipped, just fix it with touch up paint to save the hassle and keep an eye on that spot to make sure the bare metal never gets exposed.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #8
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Or use it as a 5th
We have a winner
Old 07-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #9
Professional Threadjacker
Chopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
Chopper678's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man I don't know if its this kind of "bend" in the rim but I drove on a bent rim for 4 years and hated it. Everythink shook and now after getting new wheels I still have random rattles in my interior.

It's like asking a girl out in middle school. The worse that can happen is they say no

Not to mention that's a popular rim! That aint no cheapo, it's worth your time
Old 07-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #10
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
I work hard for my money (most likely you do too), I'd get it replaced, without a doubt. Not to mention it could lead to future issues. Maybe you'll get lucky and get to keep that one for your spare. If not, you still win with a set of some badass wheels.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #11
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMaster06 View Post
I work hard for my money (most likely you do too), I'd get it replaced, without a doubt. Not to mention it could lead to future issues. Maybe you'll get lucky and get to keep that one for your spare. If not, you still win with a set of some badass wheels.
^^Exactly what he said.

Those rims are AWESOME. First time seeing them. Good Job.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #12
KAHolt is on a distinguished road

Marines: Corporal 1st BN, 4th MAR (Infantry)
Name: Kris
KAHolt's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, if you don't want it, I'll defiantly take it
Old 07-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #13
COLD ASS HONKY
MagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AARON
MagneticTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Make them replace it! We pay out the ass for this stuff, it should be in new, perfect condition period.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #14
KJsTacoTruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
KJsTacoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagneticTaco79 View Post
Make them replace it! We pay out the ass for this stuff, it should be in new, perfect condition period.

^ This - you may screw em up later but they'd better look good when you first get them. But I can see why you'd ask...stuff like that can be a headache and sometimes not worth it.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #15
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
If it was shipping damage you need to report it immediately and make a claim with the freight company.

If picked up at dealer notify them immediately.

Either way they can say your screwed if you don't tell them asap.

Hope you paid via credit card because they will help you out and get it resolved fast.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #16
BigE's Tacoma Gallery
Alright fellas, looks like I got screwed cause they are claiming that I should've immediately reported it before even taking it to my tire shop.. Which is a bunch of BS cause how the hell was I supposed to know that I was getting a busted rim which was wrapped in a cloth baggie looking thing and had a plastic wrap on it. Their best offer was to pay for the return shipping so that I could get a new one.. Bunch of bullshiz.. Anyways I think when I'll be getting more beefier tires next fall or till these go bald I'll get another rim and use this one as a 5th..
Old 07-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #17
BigE's Tacoma Gallery
But thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:32 AM   #18
COLD ASS HONKY
MagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AARON
MagneticTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
You could always just take a weekend wheeling trip and match up the other 3! Problem solved... J/K sorry the screwed ya.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:55 AM   #19
WTF just happened?
The6pharaohs has much to be proud ofThe6pharaohs has much to be proud ofThe6pharaohs has much to be proud ofThe6pharaohs has much to be proud ofThe6pharaohs has much to be proud ofThe6pharaohs has much to be proud ofThe6pharaohs has much to be proud ofThe6pharaohs has much to be proud of

Navy: DC3 veteran
Name: Wil
The6pharaohs's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I would totally have them swapped out. Would you need to prove it was caused by them or something that you caused?
Old 07-30-2014, 05:05 AM   #20
OKJC is a jewel in the roughOKJC is a jewel in the roughOKJC is a jewel in the roughOKJC is a jewel in the rough
Name: Justin
OKJC's Tacoma Gallery
Let's get some pictures of them on the truck!