1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fitting larger tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by shaneckc, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Jul 20, 2014 at 7:44 PM
    shaneckc

shaneckc [OP] Fyntünd Designs Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR Package DCLB 4x4
    I'm buying a new tacoma in the next few weeks and I plan on outfitting it to some fairly robust specifications for off-roading. I seek to gain knowledge on the best way to fit larger tires. I don't plan on lifting the truck much higher than three inches, but that depends on what kind of suspension I go with.

I've seen some aftermarket fenders that are a little bit more subtle and seem to match body lines pretty well, but I don't know what brands are good. I do not like what I see with glassworks.

Also, I've seen members cut their factory fenders and flares to fit larger tires. That option seems to look good in the pictures I've seen, but I'd like to know how some of you went about cutting that out accurately.

Any input is appreciated. I'd like to fit 35" tires.

2. Jul 20, 2014 at 8:56 PM
    Frankie Santoro

Frankie Santoro Color matched master

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Wilmington NC
    Vehicle:
    Livin Life
    Rims tires 4 inch lift hids roof racks radio color matched bumper, , fenders, 5% tint straight pipe color matched everything
    From my opinion I would say just get a six inch lift and u will clear them 35s easily .:cool:

3. Jul 20, 2014 at 9:02 PM
    drunktaco

drunktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sage
    Southwest Va
    Icon ext travel C/O's, Total Chaos UCA's, King R/R shocks, All-Pro leaf pack, lights, RCI skid, Brute Force sliders, ect.
    3 inches of lift will be fine for 35's. As long as you have a sawzall and a burning desire to beat shit with a hammer, they'll fit.

Products Discussed in

To Top