Notices

White vs Black lettering on Tires

View Poll Results: What do you prefer
Black lettering 28 50.00%
White lettering 28 50.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
White vs Black lettering on Tires

Going to be putting on some BF Goodrich tires soon and wondering what people think look better the black lettering or white lettering?

Truck is white and will be going on oem wheels that are plastidipped black.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
you know what they say........once you go black-

honestly tho i personally think black sidewall looks way cleaner and gives the tire a better look. most of us here on TW will agree
Old 07-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
robu is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobu is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobu is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobu is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobu is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobu is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobu is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobu is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobu is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobu is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob1224
robu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post
you know what they say........once you go black-

honestly tho i personally think black sidewall looks way cleaner and gives the tire a better look. most of us here on TW will agree
agreed
Old 07-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
If you want meaningful input, you need to post a pic of the truck the tires are going on.

Otherwise just look thru the old polls on exactly this same topic (a few of them are already linked automatically at the bottom of this page) and find out that "black letters" always wins by a ratio of almost 2 to 1.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #5
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
Black; of all the things I can do during the day, keeping the letters white will always be a non priority. Yellowed letters look like crap.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:28 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt vote on either one cause depending on your setup, I've seen plenty of sick looking trucks with white lettering.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:09 PM   #7
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Truck is white and will have oem plastidipped black wheels. I was thinking about plastidipping the toyota emblem white on the caps so that it would match the white lettering.

I used to do white out on my lifted chevy tahoe. To keep them white I always used the steel wool with soap. Always kept the lettering white.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Black and white theme then eh? White letters.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
Damn I have bad luck at tire shops. Just got the new tires I bought from csjumper installed. The tech scratched my OEM wheels pretty bad. At least the assistant manager told me and offered to replace the wheel. Previously I had some nice Rays racing rims on a drift corolla that cost me 250 a pop and another tire shop scratched the heck out of those. Too bad the GF at the time picked them up and didnt notice so no recourse there.

I wanted new wheels so he hooked me up with some Level 8 MK6's. Ill post pics once those arrive. Not sure if Im liking the white out so far.

/end rant
Old 07-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #10
Derp.
JDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant futureJDawg562 has a brilliant future

Name: Justin
JDawg562's Tacoma Gallery
I've never seen my tires with a black wall yet, but I kind of have a black and white theme. It's really your choice though. You can look threw google or the forums to see what looks better on your truck for your style.

Stock TRD off road 16" wheels, plasti dipped, old tires 265/70/16, new tires 285/75/16.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #11
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like you already have them installed, but just to throw in my 2 cents, I prefer white out. However, it depends on the truck's color and the type of lettering. I also will never have white out on a car; trucks only.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #12
schwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ian
schwarthog's Tacoma Gallery
I say go black. I like the white BFG lettering but it just gets worn down too easily if you offroad. I saw someone once who's tires looked as if he had tried to repaint them...it was fugly.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Seems like you already have them installed, but just to throw in my 2 cents, I prefer white out. However, it depends on the truck's color and the type of lettering. I also will never have white out on a car; trucks only.
Ya I did but getting new wheels, did white out but not liking it so much with the stock alloys. Maybe a black wheel will make it look better.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #14
08comatose is on a distinguished road
Navy: FC2 USS GRAVELY
Name: Michael
08comatose's Tacoma Gallery
Blackwall out gives it a cleaner look I think. Looks more aggressive too.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:41 PM   #15
weezer will become famous soon enough

weezer's Tacoma Gallery
i like white letters showing.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #16
"If you Didn't know,now you know"
blackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant futureblackhorse has a brilliant future

Name: Rick
blackhorse's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'd say White lettering.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #17
jsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jsi's Tacoma Gallery
White letters out. These still have the blue protective coating, gotta get over to the car wash. I'm thinking about derping my wheels black too. Post pictures when you're done.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:34 AM   #18
After my whole fiasco at discount tire I decided I like the black on black right now. Maybe the next set ill get white out and compare.
Attached Thumbnails
White vs Black lettering on Tires-img_0696-1-.jpg  
Old 10-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #19
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
I like black, I honestly can't stand white wall, looks ticky.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #20
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
I have black but white would prob work good with the white truck