Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Walmart installation question?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #21
ACLBFTMFW
AndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
AndyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazze2005 View Post
Nice bro! Now your ready for the blacked out headlight mod...
Scared to try it, don't want to mess anything up. Do you think it would still look good if I just tint the glass?
Old 07-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #22
ACLBFTMFW
AndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatp View Post
Congrats, it looks nice.
Thank you!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #23
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
I had a member on here do mine, his name is MySilverTaco13. He lives in California...he did an amazing job! Not one bit of condensation
I sent him my stock head lights to cali,he mailed them back to NJ
One of my favorite mods!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #24
ACLBFTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazze2005 View Post
I had a member on here do mine, his name is MySilverTaco13. He lives in California...he did an amazing job! Not one bit of condensation
I sent him my stock head lights to cali,he mailed them back to NJ
One of my favorite mods!
Might consider that, when I don;t need my truck for a few days! Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #25
weezer will become famous soon enough

weezer's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:36 PM   #26
ACLBFTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer View Post
looks good man.
Thanks, bud! Yours too
Old 11-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #27
taylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud of

Name: Lauren
taylola2010's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTaco View Post
Just bought some 16" wheels from Discount Tire. Tomorrow I plan on taking them to Walmart where I'll buy some 265/75/16 Wrangler Authorities (done my research, I personally love these tires) and have them put on the wheels then onto my Taco. I read somewhere that installation is either free with the purchase of the tires or very cheap. I've also read several accounts of horrible service there but some people say it was great, so I'll take my chances. My question is, will Walmart install the new wheels? Or do they only install tires onto wheels that are already on the truck? If they won't install them, should I just get the tires then take everything back to Discount Tire? Please help! Thanks!!

PS-
I attached a picture of one of the rims. Tell me what you think!

UPDATE:
Had DT install everything. They did a great job! She rides smoothly and they even took my front mud flaps off for me.
I love your new wheels/tires! Can you tell me what wheel width and bolt pattern I need for mine? Its a stock 15 prerunner with the stock tires.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #28
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOreBowHunter View Post
A tire from Walmart is probably lesser quality than the same tire from a tire shop.

Walmart has the cash and purchases enough tires to get Goodyear to make them a special model of lesser quality and price.
I know this is true for costco, not just tires. even non kirkdog brand items sold at costco are lesser quality.
my wife once bought a designer brand jeans saying it costs less, only to find out later it has one less pocket.
I bought a set of tires from costco for my van at the same time I bought a set for my car from firestone. The costco one (michelin) shows significant wear already for less miles than the car.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #29
ACLBFTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I know this is true for costco, not just tires. even non kirkdog brand items sold at costco are lesser quality.
my wife once bought a designer brand jeans saying it costs less, only to find out later it has one less pocket.
I bought a set of tires from costco for my van at the same time I bought a set for my car from firestone. The costco one (michelin) shows significant wear already for less miles than the car.
I've had my tires for a few months now and they're holding up REALLY well. They are Goodyears and I don't think where they are purchased matters a whole lot, at least for these particular tires!