Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Walmart installation question?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal
AndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
AndyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question Walmart installation question?

Just bought some 16" wheels from Discount Tire. Tomorrow I plan on taking them to Walmart where I'll buy some 265/75/16 Wrangler Authorities (done my research, I personally love these tires) and have them put on the wheels then onto my Taco. I read somewhere that installation is either free with the purchase of the tires or very cheap. I've also read several accounts of horrible service there but some people say it was great, so I'll take my chances. My question is, will Walmart install the new wheels? Or do they only install tires onto wheels that are already on the truck? If they won't install them, should I just get the tires then take everything back to Discount Tire? Please help! Thanks!!

PS-
I attached a picture of one of the rims. Tell me what you think!

UPDATE:
Had DT install everything. They did a great job! She rides smoothly and they even took my front mud flaps off for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Walmart installation question?-image.jpg   Walmart installation question?-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 07-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
karmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
karmatp's Tacoma Gallery
I would have just had Discount do the install. Maybe call the guy who sold you the wheels and tell him your scenario.

Did you look at the Cooper ATP's when you were at Discount?
Old 07-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
Go back to Discount or find a Deltona or Firestone
Deltona and Firestone use the hunter balancers
Just had my new set up balanced by deltona on the hunter balancer...
They ride like a dream!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #4
Fiddy has much to be proud ofFiddy has much to be proud ofFiddy has much to be proud ofFiddy has much to be proud ofFiddy has much to be proud ofFiddy has much to be proud ofFiddy has much to be proud ofFiddy has much to be proud ofFiddy has much to be proud ofFiddy has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
Fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
if your getting a better out the door price at walmart just tell discount tire that and they will beat the price
Old 07-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Also Deltona told me when I do my first tire rotation at 6,000 miles
He said to have the rears balanced before putting them up front
Old 07-28-2014, 08:40 PM   #7

When your dealing with tires,you wanna goto a place that specializes in doing tires
Those are the places that will have the best equipment
Walmart cant even print out my hunting license without screwing it up
Ill be dammed if I would let them touch my tires...
Old 07-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #8
SWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud ofSWOreBowHunter has much to be proud of

SWOreBowHunter's Tacoma Gallery
A tire from Walmart is probably lesser quality than the same tire from a tire shop.

Walmart has the cash and purchases enough tires to get Goodyear to make them a special model of lesser quality and price.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #10
tomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomwil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
Discount can get you those same tires at that same place. Go with them.
They appear not to be listed on Discount Tires' website. Perhaps Discount Tire will buy them from Walmart?
Old 07-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #11
weezer will become famous soon enough

weezer's Tacoma Gallery
nice wheels. do they make those with a polished lip?

don't go to walmart. i had a friend that took his nissan exterra there and they didn't put the oil filter on tight enough and all of the oil leaked out and the engine blew up.

he did get a brand new free motor though. walmart paid for it.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #12
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
I would not go to walmart they screwed up one of my aftermarket wheels. Like someone else said I would go to a shop hat specializes in tires. The cheaper way isn't always the best way
Old 07-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #13
AndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks everyone

Took everything to Discount tire. Waiting on them to finish right now!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer View Post
nice wheels. do they make those with a polished lip?

don't go to walmart. i had a friend that took his nissan exterra there and they didn't put the oil filter on tight enough and all of the oil leaked out and the engine blew up.

he did get a brand new free motor though. walmart paid for it.
Thanks, don't think so. Might add some clear coat or something. I took all of it to DT to get them put on!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ski4life7 View Post
I would not go to walmart they screwed up one of my aftermarket wheels. Like someone else said I would go to a shop hat specializes in tires. The cheaper way isn't always the best way
Thanks!!
Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 AM   #16
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Walmart installed my athorities on my old truck and my dynapros on my new truck. No problems. The install price was cheep too.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #17
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Fwiw discount installed my tires on their wheels free of charge since I bought their wheels. I had bought the tires from somewhere else since they didn't have them in stock. And I'm impatient. May ask them about it.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #18

Here she is! Discount Tire did a great job. Rides smoothly, and they even took my front mud flaps off for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Walmart installation question?-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 07-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
karmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
karmatp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahavranek8 View Post
Here she is! Discount Tire did a great job. Rides smoothly, and they even took my front mud flaps off for me.
Congrats, it looks nice.