Notices

New tires, new problem..

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
Lost Bushman is on a distinguished road
Lost Bushman's Tacoma Gallery
New tires, new problem..

So...

I went from 265/70-16's Toyo Open Country's up to 265/75-16 BFG AT's, I experienced no rubbing with the Toyo's but the BFG's are rubbing the UCA and LCA, BUT ONLY ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE. I'm also experiencing a gentle rolling vibration from that side, but only intermittently. Also didn't happen before the tire swap. I bought them new from a reputable shop...

What's going on here?

My truck is an '05 DC TRD Offroad, if that matters.

THANKS!!!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
PCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
PCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's really odd considering they should be the same width as the Toyos. Pictures?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
That's what I thought. I'll get some when I get home.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
karmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
karmatp's Tacoma Gallery
Weird. I am running 265/75/16's on my 14 with rims that have 4.5 backspacing and they are close but do not rub at all. I had tons of room with the OEM rims, but with the tire pushed out a tad more, I am really close in the upper part of the front flaps.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
I snapped these real quick....
Driver's LCA

Driver's UCA

Passengers LCA

Passengers UCA
Old 08-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #6
EastTx is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
EastTx's Tacoma Gallery
Width is the same. The BFG is an inch taller. Guessing that's causing the rubbing problem.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #7
-TacoREX
TacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoREX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
TacoREX's Tacoma Gallery
Might want to try swapping wheel/tires, left - right, vice-versa. It may be a tire issue. Sometimes there are inherent defects from the factory. Also might be a good idea to double check width with a tape measure on the tread pattern and also from the frame to the WMS and compare left - right.