Opinions???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
JMSanchez25 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
JMSanchez25's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions???

Hi everyone,

I own a 2013 PreRunner. It is my first truck and I am planning on getting some upgrades. I want to get some new rims and wheels that are good for off roading and prerunning. I am not a hardcore off roader so I don't need top of the line equipment. I just want something that I can take out onto trails with my friends and have a good time.

I appreciate any suggestions on brands and sizes for tires/ rims.
Please note: (I have about a $4,000 budget but I am also planning on getting new shocks too, so I can't spend all my money on just the tires and rims.)

Thank you for the help!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:47 AM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
are you going to lift?
Old 08-04-2014, 03:56 AM   #3
whonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jay
whonoez's Tacoma Gallery
I spent around $3300 on my set up (lift, rims and tires), http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...cks_p_132.html, but I did all the install myself. I went with this lift and some LR UCA's and sway bar relocate kit. Then I went with some XD Monster 18 inch wheel with Nitto Trail Grappler 2285/65/18 tires.

Just to give you an idea of what you're looking at cost wise. I have a 2013 TRD Sport 4X4 btw.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:02 AM   #4
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
$4000 is a pretty good budget. Since you are a prerunner you wont be able to do hardcore trails but you can desert mob. Id go with icon/fox/kings in the front and rear. Some UCAs and a progressive AAL. Then buy some cheaper rims and get yourself a set of 285/70/17s or 285/75/16s (16s are cheaper but you have to watch the back spacing)