Notices

New Tires for my Tacoma

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
4x4mothertrucker is on a distinguished road

Name: CADELLA
4x4mothertrucker's Tacoma Gallery
New Tires for my Tacoma

Hi, I'm getting new Tires for my Tacoma this month and the set that I found that I really like are the Cooper Discoverer ATP 116T OWL the size I want are 265/70/16, I have been reading up on the tires and they sound like they are really good durable and dependable and have a good life of 55,000 mile waranty, I was curious if anyone here has had this tire on their Truck? if so did you like them and how did they perform I would love and appriciate anyone's feed back or opinions thank you!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
lyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud of

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
I have the AT 3's and it's a darn good tire, they move water like crazy and are good in the winter, I plan on getting the ST Max tires for my next set... I've heard good things for the ATP..
Old 08-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
I have the AT 3's and it's a darn good tire, they move water like crazy and are good in the winter, I plan on getting the ST Max tires for my next set... I've heard good things for the ATP..
Thank you lyodbraun, I seen the AT3 set also they looked very nice, thank you so much for your opinion and feed back well appriciated, may I ask are the ST Max a Cooper tire also?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery

HANKOOK DYNOPRO ATM. AWESOME TIRE!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #5

Thank you jeff b for your opinion, those tires look bad ass!!! Your Yota is absolutly BEAUTIFUL I LOVE IT!!! That is one of my favorite year and style that Toyota has made for Tacoma, I wish they would do a throw back one of these years of that style again...
Old 08-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4mothertrucker View Post
Thank you jeff b for your opinion, those tires look bad ass!!! Your Yota is absolutly BEAUTIFUL I LOVE IT!!! That is one of my favorite year and style that Toyota has made for Tacoma, I wish they would do a throw back one of these years of that style again...
My sig needs an up date. Thanks and I love those too but I'm in a 2013 Reg cab 4x4 now. Just put TC UCA and LCAs on it with FOX 2.5 shocks. Posting pics on Tacoma World is impossible. I post up on TW Facebook. Good luck with your tire hunt.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
karmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
karmatp's Tacoma Gallery
I have the on my truck and like them a lot. I have no complaints at all with them to be honest.

Mine are 265/75/16.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #8
I like my Squatch big and hairy.
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
may I ask are the ST Max a Cooper tire also?
Yes, the ST Maxx is a Cooper tire. An aggresive, durable, AT tire. I dig mine.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #9

Very nice jeff b and thank you and yes it is a pain in the butt I figured that out for my self trying to post my pic's of my trucks on here also I'll go on TW facebook and check out your pic's!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #10

Nice thank you RogueTRD, I'll look into them!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #11

Thank you karmatp for your feed back I've been narrowing it down and I think I'm going to get them for definite I go through America's Tire and they have them in stock and gave me a price for all four for $728.00 OTD with a life time limited waranty also so I'm stoked I wanted the 265/75/16 but the guy said I would need some modification's to my truck in the front because they will rub so he said the 265/70/16 will fit perfect!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTRD View Post
Yes, the ST Maxx is a Cooper tire. An aggresive, durable, AT tire. I dig mine.

Hi again RogueTRD, I just noticed you were in the Marines awesome I love it my father served in the Marines as a Drill Sergent in Vietnam he's a stubborn one I'll tell ya he makes me tuff love him dearly all my respect to you oh and by the way my dad say's hello JAR HEAD!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #13
karmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
karmatp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you karmatp for your feed back I've been narrowing it down and I think I'm going to get them for definite I go through America's Tire and they have them in stock and gave me a price for all four for $728.00 OTD with a life time limited waranty also so I'm stoked I wanted the 265/75/16 but the guy said I would need some modification's to my truck in the front because they will rub so he said the 265/70/16 will fit perfect!!!
My truck is stock with rims that have 4.5" backspacing and I have no rubbing. I had the tires on OEM TRD rims prior to getting my KMC's and the OEM rim gave the tires even more room. I am surprised he said they would not fit, I would think they would.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #14

jeff b's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatp View Post
I have the on my truck and like them a lot. I have no complaints at all with them to be honest.

Mine are 265/75/16.

[IMG]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/therace/P10407882_zps5c4016

e2.jpg[/IMG]

I have the EXACT combo down to the no center cap. NOICE!!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:09 AM   #15
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
NO RUB!

Quote:
265/75-16 fit perfectly, as if the truck was made for them. The speedometer even reads correctly with them.

Stock truck, no rub on or off road, ever.

I have run Cooper Discoverer STT and ATR and now have Cooper made Destiny Dakota ATs, I also ran Hankook Dynapro ATM and Toyo Open Country ATs... all of them 265/75-16 and no rub! No modifications and you get 1/2" more ground clearance!

PS, I liked the Hankook Dynapro ATMs the best of them all for its all terrain performance and quiet highway ride.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #16
mr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the rough

mr2crazed's Tacoma Gallery
I too will be getting new tires for my truck in about a month to replace the Hankook Dynapros and will probably go with the Cooper AT3. I have 265/75-16 and will be sticking with that size, it's perfect on a stock ride and doesn't rub at all.