1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Zach's Treadwright Review +blowout

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by tacomazach, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Aug 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM
    tacomazach

tacomazach [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    01 doublecab 4x4

Anytime I've ever had a problem with a tire or anyone else I've known they just take it back to the tire store. They look at it. They replace it. 30 minutes tops. Not 30 days. No hassle. No terrible customer service. I could care less about the deductible considering I'm not having it fixed anyway. Driving a month on a bald spare is ridiculous no matter who you are. If you want to go through the above headache please buy many treadwrights and then tell me you're not pissed in the end.

2. Oct 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM
    monstero

monstero New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    no
    I don't own a Tacoma like you all but decided my experience merits a post.

Bad Treadwright Review

I am only writing this review to inform everyone that they have terrible customer service and hope that it benefits someone. A few years ago I decided to try out the 285/75R16 Wardens. I originally ordered a set of 5(one as a spare). I got them, mounted and balanced them, and ran them one trip into work (round trip of about 32 miles). On the trip home I started to notice a terrible vibration in the front. Well the retread had separated from the casing. It had a bubble about the size of a grapefruit that was only getting bigger with speed, so, since I was close to getting home I just lowered my speed and came home and swapped out the spare in my driveway. Ok. Now went the battle with customer service and the warranty. I took pictures and had only put on about 25 miles on the tire. So I contacted them and left numerous messages only to NEVER receive a call back and NEVER have the tire replaced. I called multiple times and kept getting the runaround and transferred only to leave a message that was never returned. These tires lasted me and wore well with rotations until now. I was happy with the product itself. I chalked it up to getting the one bad egg in the carton and went on with my life. But Treadwright’s Customer Service is CRAP. If you have any issues you will not be contacted back and WILL not be refunded/compensated in any way.
    I was not a happy customer but hey I said then I wouldn’t go back. Well since finances are tight here right now I just did. I said “Well it’s been a few years and they have grown in size, I will give them another chance and see.” I feel like a moth going towards the bright light and getting fried when it touches the light. So as of last week 10/05/14 I placed my order for 2 replacement tires 285/75r16 Warden Bead to Bead. What I received was NOT what I ordered. They shipped me one Warden and one Mud Dog tire that was the same size. Ok, this puts me in kind of a bind, since I needed the tires now and can practically “see the air” inside the current tires. Well I call up Treadwright and I get transferred and a lady named Catherine she says that FedEx will be coming back to pick up the incorrect tire to return it back to them. “This doesn’t help me”, I said. “I didn’t make the mistake in ordering the tires, you guys (Treadwright) made the mistake in shipping the wrong tire. I need these tires badly”, I said. She replied to me “I’m sorry sir, but as soon as FedEx picks up the tire we will ship you a replacement tire.” “Ok”, I said. “I will wait for your email giving me the tracking number.” Well FedEx came the next day (Friday) and picked up the tire.
    I gave it till Monday 10/13/14 and called back to talk to Catherine since I had not received the tracking info yet. I know it takes a few days for the tracking and ETA to actually pop up in the computer. So I get Catherine on the phone and was polite and never raised my voice once thru the conversation. (Even though my blood pressure popped the top…lol) I said “Catherine I have not received a tracking number yet with the new tire being shipped” She replied “Ok, I don’t have it in my computer yet from FedEx, let me give them a call and I will call you back within 15 minutes.” Ok well I was blown away to receive a phone call in 5 minutes from Catherine saying “Sir I don’t know why FedEx isn’t giving us an ETA but once the tire is received and inspected in our warehouse we will ship the correct tire out to you.” I then replied “Catherine you said on Thursday that once the tire was picked up and headed back to you, you would be able to ship out the correct tire” She said “ no sir the best I can do is once the tire is received and inspected we will ship out the correct tire” I said “Catherine, you guys have put me in a bind, I needed these tires now and I am not the one to make the mistake, you guys are, and you have now delayed me a week, or more with shipping times, from getting the correct tire with no form of compensation in a discount or anything.” “To be completely honest I ordered a product, then didn’t receive that product, and have been given the runaround about when I will receive my correct tire. You have lost a customer because of very poor customer service” I said. She really didn’t have a response except to say that “sir, we will ship your correct tire when we receive the other returned one.”
    Man I was hot and angry. I am NOT the type to return something and demand compensation for anything, in fact the majority of the time I always eat the loss because I hate complaining. If my order is wrong in a restaurant I usually don’t worry about it because I don’t want someone to spit in my food or anything of the sort by complaining. But this whole scenario has got me just frustrated because in my mind that is not how you do business. I mean the tires were $129 each. Realistically they have spent $50-75 conservatively, shipping that both ways, and then $25 or so to return ship the correct tire. Now that tire is worth half or less of its original value. I am not one to tell someone how to run a business but when you make a mistake you eat the loss and apologize, apologize, apologize and try and win the customer back in the form of coupon, or compensation of some sort, and then you apologize again. YA KNOW. I didn’t get any of this. At least not as of yet anyways.
    At this stage, I am waiting to hear when the tire gets there to Treadwright. Then will see what happens next. I will update and give credit and praise to them if they change their tone in any way. But as of RIGHT now at this point I HIGHLY advise against purchasing from Treadwright. My experience has not been fun or pleasurable in any way. At this point I would not take their tires if they gave them to me just out of principal. Customer Service is EVERYTHING in business, you may have a fantastic product but how you handle your customers is what keeps you in business over the long term. And well, like I said before I WILL NOT RECOMMEND Treadwright to anyone.

3. Oct 14, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Added paragraph breaks so you can breathe while you read it.

Products Discussed in

To Top