Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

DO NOT buy tires or wheels from hubcap-tire-wheel.com

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
ryork is on a distinguished road
ryork's Tacoma Gallery
DO NOT buy tires or wheels from hubcap-tire-wheel.com

So I ordered some helo maxx6's for my tacoma and waited a week to get them. I got them last night and keep in mind that I'm putting a lift on tomorrow so I need the new tires and wheels to get this all done and the box is fine but inside are the maxx8's not 6's and when I called them and told them they said "oh they don't make the 6's anymore". I said but you sold me them and let me wait a week to get them and never said anything? I told them I must have new wheels tomorrow. They would not overnight me any (I don't care about cost for them. It's about customer service) or compensate me in any way for this mistake. They kept blaming the wholesaler and I said it's your fault. You mess with the wholesaler. Don't screw the customer. So now I'm in a position to have to keep these wheels. If you want this type of treatment then by all means go right ahead and deal with them. But, I just don't want my fellow tacoma guys getting screwed like me.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Can you dispute it with your Bank, or Credit Card company?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Thats Fked. Just re sell em on CL?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered my wheels and tires through discount tire, got them in three days, and they were ready to just be mounted tire sensors in adn all. Not to mention some of my buddies here that own tire shops told me they couldn't even come close to matching that deal
Old 04-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
ryork's Tacoma Gallery
I agree discount has great prices but they didn't carry that kind of wheel. I forgot to say that they don't send the lug nuts nor do they tell you that they don't send them. These guys are a class act let me tell you.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in
Buzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud of

Buzzoff's Tacoma Gallery
Thats baloney!!!! How did you pay for them? Credit card? Is there a way you can get them involved and dispute it. There is no way you should have to pay for THEIR screwup!!!!!!!!!!

I would try and get a hold of their corporate office or someone high up and get this taken care of. I've had success dealing with people higher up on the totem pole.

I know its different but I kept getting the run around trying to get my house fixed after Hurrican Ike. Finally I emailed and spoke to the CEO of one of the branches here in Houston. It's amazing how the jackasses I had been dealing with went from wellllll being jackasses to going out of their way to accommodate me.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
ryork's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to stay after them and see what happens. I will keep you posted.