Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need your opinion on these tires, or other tires.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Need your opinion on these tires, or other tires.

I currently run 265/75-16 Goodyear duratracs. Overall I haven't been happy or impressed with them. Simply put they are problematic.

I liked them when they were new, but after about 25k miles they've just been a pain. They are pretty good in the snow, not too terribly loud, look good, and handle decent. They are TERRIBLE on wet roads though, and won't balance out.

I'm still a ways off from getting new tires, but I'd like to start getting opinions and ideas for new ones. I like the aggressive tires that are good in the snow and in the mountains, but also aren't terrible on the highway. I have to drive highway a lot for work. I don't mind some hum from the tires. The duratracs are getting loud, but I can deal with it.

If you have experience with these tires, or any other tires, please let me know what your opinions on them are. Especially how they handle highway, noise, snow, wet roads, etc. Thanks

Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX

BF Goodrich All Terrain

Nitto Trail Grappler

Toyo AT II

BF Goodrich All Terrain TA K02 (I don't think these are out yet)

Old 09-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #3
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, I'll definitely look into them.

I like the toyos. I threw a pic up.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
karmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shedkarmatp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
karmatp's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the Cooper ATP's also. I have them and I like them a lot.

Here is a review I found some time ago.

Cooper Discoverer ATP Tire Review & Rating - Tire Reviews And Ratings
Old 09-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #5
BlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really nice
Name: Thomas
BlindingWhiteTac.'s Tacoma Gallery
Cooper AT3
Old 09-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
Navar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Navar's Tacoma Gallery
I kind of like this one. Cooper Discoverer Radial STT TEK3

http://tirereviewsandratings.com/coo...review-rating/

Old 09-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future05taco2.7 has a brilliant future
Name: JIMSTER
05taco2.7's Tacoma Gallery
I'll just leave this here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...17-review.html
Old 09-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #8
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going with the ST Maxx's in a month or so. Seem like a sick tire.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #9
University of Florida bound
Taco gator is on a distinguished road

Name: J.D.
Taco gator's Tacoma Gallery
I have the BF Goodrich All Terrains. I only have about 10k miles on them but so far they are really nice. They don't hum really at all on the highway and they ride nice. It's almost like your using a regular street tire IMO. They just don't look as aggressive as the others.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have run the BFG ATKO. I found them to have great offroad traction(dirt and gravel roads), but found them poor on slippery roads( wet and/or icy). I am currently running the Toyo Open Country ATII. For my needs they perform equally as well off road and much better on wet pavement. I have never run them in winter. The Toyo's put up less rolling resistance than the BFG's. Of those two I would choose the Toyo any day of the week.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #11
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
I have run the BFG ATKO. I found them to have great offroad traction(dirt and gravel roads), but found them poor on slippery roads( wet and/or icy). I am currently running the Toyo Open Country ATII. For my needs they perform equally as well off road and much better on wet pavement. I have never run them in winter. The Toyo's put up less rolling resistance than the BFG's. Of those two I would choose the Toyo any day of the week.
No experience with Toyo's but yes my BFG's suck in wet and icy/snow roads as well
Old 09-14-2014, 03:45 PM   #12
bluedust is on a distinguished road
Name: Patrick
bluedust's Tacoma Gallery
I have the , Toyo Open Country, AT ll

And,

Very pleased, November will be 1 year.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #13
Alloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Andrew
Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
I just had a set of the Toyos put on last week and so far I really like them. I have only had them in rain so far, a lot of rain here last week and they performed really really well. They also run pretty quiet and they balanced out well, with one of them not needed any weights at all.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #14
Bubbataco has a spectacular aura aboutBubbataco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Alec
Bubbataco's Tacoma Gallery
Check out hankook dynapro good on and off road tire
Old 09-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #15
adamh1977 is a glorious beacon of lightadamh1977 is a glorious beacon of lightadamh1977 is a glorious beacon of lightadamh1977 is a glorious beacon of lightadamh1977 is a glorious beacon of light

adamh1977's Tacoma Gallery
I like the cooper st maxx
Old 09-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #16
I am the one who knocks!

I appreciate all the responses and opinions. I'll be looking into all the suggestions.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #17
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
I appreciate all the responses. I'll be looking into all of them.
Toyo, Nitto and BFG all have brand new tires hitting the market right now and all in the all terrain category.

Toyo RT : http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/op...n-tires?cat=10

Nitto Exo : http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck...ht-truck-tire/

BFG AT KO2 : http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-...2/tire-details
Old 09-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #18
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
My dad is running ST maxx on his 05 taco, he is pretty happy with them. Says he'll probably buy them again. The truck is mainly used for hunting, fishing and camping.

I ran BFG AT on my old Dodge. I wasn't a fan. They didn't clear mud or snow worth a crap. Wet/icy traction was ok. I wont ever run them again.

Toyo ATII-Had them on my Taco. good tread life, awesome wet/icy road traction. Smooth, quiet. The only downfall is deep snow and gooey mud, but they aren't MTs. I will probably buy these in the future, just not for an off road rig.

I have also ran the BFG KM2, I liked them. good treadlife,I got 52k out of them on my 3/4ton Dodge. They did get loud and rough for about the last 20k. Good in deep snow and mud. Not bad on wet roads. Piss poor on icy roads though. I would buy them again for an off road rig.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #19
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbataco View Post
Check out hankook dynapro good on and off road tire

^^This
Old 09-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #20
Sergio W is on a distinguished road
Navy: HMC
Name: Sergio
Sergio W's Tacoma Gallery
Moondeath, I am getting a set of 26575/16 ST Maxx on Friday, $863 out the door. Discount will price match, so I called around and found them for $180 versus $213 / tire. From my research most people are happy with them with the exception of ice. I am giving them a shot here in Northern Colorado.