1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What size lift and tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by flavorflav, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Sep 19, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    flavorflav

flavorflav [OP] Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Longbed
    Stock for now
    Hi, I just fulfilled a childhood dream and bought a Tacoma. I know a lot about upgrading street racing cars but I'm fairly new to off road vehicles, even though I grew up in the environment. So my question is:

My first upgrade is going to be a lift with tires. I've been doing some research and I kinda have an idea but I'd like to hear from you all. What size lift is the best for off roading (mudding, all terrain, trailing, camping, daily driver)? And what size rims and tires are best?

2. Sep 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM
    RogueTRD

RogueTRD Learn to swim...

Member:
    First Name:
    Cade
    So. Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '14 Pyrite Mica DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    Stacked spacer lift, 22x12 wheels with stretched 33's, tow mirrors, bull nuts.
    2-3" lift, with an add a leaf or aftermarket leaf pack if youre going to do any trailering or hauling. The general consensus for wheels and tires are some good quality all terrain tires in no bigger than 17" wheels. 32-33" tires at the largest for a 3" lift depnding on the amount of trimming you want to do. There are a ton of threads just like this one to peruse. The search feature is your friend. Check out my build for info about my '14, I use it for the same stuff you plan on using yours for.

3. Sep 19, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    paidfor

paidfor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OR 4x4
    Hidden GPS tracking system. Backflip cover, weather techs, bed mat, tailgate lock, OME 885 springs, blistein shocks, 2.5 in AAL/
    Welcome to TW from Austin. You will enjoy it here. Tons of information. And help at the drop of a hat. Only problem may be the amt. of money you end up spending to get your truck like you want it.:)

4. Sep 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    teneighty

teneighty I'd rather be skiing...

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    18’ F150 SCREW LB 3.5 EcoBoost
    Bilstein 5100’s (x4), 275/65/20 Cooper XLT AT3’s
    Read and go through the build lists of the members. Think about what you want to do with it. you will change your mind a thousand times so I would read, research, read, research!!
    Welcome to TW and GL!!

5. Sep 19, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    TACORIDER

TACORIDER Just another statistic

Member:
    First Name:
    JAKE
    EAST TAWAKONI TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    12 TACO and some other Toyota’s
    Decent Best bang for the buck OME good product and not horribly expensive. I have ICON coils and UCAS and ALL PRO rear leafs and its around 3 inches. Tires are up to you im going to start cutting for 35's soon. It depends how much you want to spend as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top