Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Duratracs??? Good or no?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
Chrissteffen599 is on a distinguished road
Chrissteffen599's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Duratracs??? Good or no?

I found a great deal on some duratracs and was wondering what yall have to say about them? I heard their sidewalls are a little thin compared to others? Is that something I should seriously be worried about?
Old 10-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine. I've had BFG AT and MT in the past. The Duratracs are definitely a little softer, but they're great in slick conditions. Can't wait to get em on the snow.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
muddyphoto is on a distinguished road

Name: monty
muddyphoto's Tacoma Gallery
I love them, although I've only had mine a few months. I have a good friend who has had a set on for 55,000 miles and they still have life left in them. They have performed well in all conditions. We don't really do serious offroading, though, so I don't have info on the sidewalls. Doesn't hurt that they look great, too...
Old 10-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
Aerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Coast Guard: Flight Mech
Name: Andre
Aerial Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i like mine, no issues. a lot of us here run them
Old 10-12-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
wrangler authorities here (duratracs brother)....couldnt be happier
Old 10-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #8
PVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Enforcement Division
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got 50,000 miles on my duratracs. They look like they could go another 20,000!

Very happy with these tires.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #9
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Love mine
Old 10-12-2014, 08:02 PM   #11
Awesome! I know people have said the tires are only 2 ply but that shouldn't matter too muh if I'm not hauling much or only occasionally off-roading?
Old 10-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #13
Ma Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Joe
Ma Deuce's Tacoma Gallery
They aren't my favorite AT tire, but the traction they get on slick roads in the winter is enough for me to have a set waiting in my garage for new wheels to get here and the lift to be put on.

If I lived in TX, I would get BFG AT KOs.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #14
Why do you say that about the BFG AT's for Texas? Only curious because I do live here
Old 10-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #16
Shmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really niceShmellmopwho is just really nice

Name: Ryan
Shmellmopwho's Tacoma Gallery
I know I'm an echo on this thread but I absolutely love my Duratracs! They've been great for me on and off road so far!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #17
Ma Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedMa Deuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Joe
Ma Deuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissteffen599 View Post
Why do you say that about the BFG AT's for Texas? Only curious because I do live here
Out of all the different AT tires I have run, the BFGs have been the all around best. Except on icy roads. They did absolutely great in deep snow, but slick roads no so much.

Living in TX you shouldn't have to worry about snow much.

I don't think you can go to wrong with the duratracs though. I've only been through 1 set. (35 12.5r18) They had good all around traction, never had any issues balancing them and they wore evenly. The road noise was noticeable, but not bad.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:46 PM   #18
DCSBFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine about a month and a half ago and I love them. So far only dry and wet conditions and they're night and day difference from the stock rugged fails. Hope to test them in dirt and mud in the next week or two. If this winter is like last year, I know I will love them in snow too. VERY happy with my decision to go with these over BFGs
Old 10-14-2014, 12:54 AM   #20
Annolino122 will become famous soon enough

Annolino122's Tacoma Gallery
Love them! Little bit of a hum but I like that sound