1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Difference?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ecotecin, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Oct 24, 2014 at 10:45 PM
    ecotecin

ecotecin [OP] Wait, whut........

Member:
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB sold (2020 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab)
    I have searched around a bit and couldnt seem to find an answer, my question is this. I currently have the steel 16" rims on my 2014 DCSB v6 and i have bought the 16 trd wheels, well i was wanting to have the tires taken off the steelies and put on the trd ones. Well the size of the tires are 245/75/16, and if i have those put over onto the trd wheels, will it round the tire off real bad or anything, i kinda feel like they are to small for the steelies, but i really wanna get those trd wheels on my truck. I would like to go with a 265/70 or 265/75, but cant justify buying new tires, when i already have new tires, i dont do any kind of major off-roading or anything, just gravel/dirt roads sometimes, nothing super extreme. Just curious if anyone else has done this, and if it creates bodyroll or anything like that. Thanks for any help.

2. Oct 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    Bender581

Bender581 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2012 4X4 Tacoma
    Gobi roof rack. Icon coilovers, Icon tubular UCAs, FOX 2.0 rear shocks, Icon 3-leaf progressive AAL.
    Go to TireRack.com and find the brand/type tire in the size you are wanting to mount, then look under specs. It will give the range in the wheel width you can use for that tire.

3. Oct 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    ecotecin

Member:
    WV
    Vehicle:
    I have looked at that and it shows it is in range and will work, but the wuestion im having is, when driving it, does it body roll or anything, like going into curves and stuff?

4. Oct 25, 2014 at 8:47 PM
    ecotecin

Member:
    WV
    Vehicle:
    Okay, i was just wondering about that. I have had those rims setting for a while and was wanting to get them put in but didnt wanna make the truck bodyroll in curves or anything ya know.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top