Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Everyday tires for my 4x4

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
usptwins is a name known to allusptwins is a name known to allusptwins is a name known to allusptwins is a name known to allusptwins is a name known to allusptwins is a name known to all
Law Enforcement: Corrections officer
Name: Trey
usptwins's Tacoma Gallery
Everyday tires for my 4x4

Ok, so yall should suspect what is going to go on here.

Im looking for some good everyday tires for my 4x4. I currently have some 31x10.50r15 BFG Mud Terrain KM2's and they are almost gone. I want a tire with good treadlife and great ride quality. I was looking at either some Yokohama Geolander A/T S 235/75 or some BFG Rugged Terrain T/A in the same size. Either one i like, but, a p235/75r15 price is $94 for the Yoko and a LT235/75r15 is about $128. I know the P stands for passenger and LT for Light Truck, but they both have the same load rating and utog. Whats the difference if they are both the same?

Thank you for your responses btw.

Also, feel free to share your stock(ish) size tires that you enjoy. Doesn't matter if they are off road, or road tires. Just to get a feel of what everyone likes and the prices you find them at.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
Kerry56 is on a distinguished road
Kerry56's Tacoma Gallery
Light truck tires are made to run at maximum load for an extended time. The sidewalls are stiffer, the steel belts are stronger and the whole tire is typically heavier. They are intended to take more punishment from heavy loads in other words.

LT tires will generally give a harsher ride, and as you've noted, they tend to be more expensive.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
Huntn57 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Huntn57's Tacoma Gallery
I have cooper at3 and I love them. Have a 55k miles warranty.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #4
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I like the P-rated Michelin LTX AT2 all-terrains. Quiet on the highway, still providing good gas mileage, and grippy offroad. Excellent tires that can stay on year-round. Pricey, though.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:59 AM   #5
usptwins is a name known to allusptwins is a name known to allusptwins is a name known to allusptwins is a name known to allusptwins is a name known to allusptwins is a name known to all
Well i thank you for all of yall's inputs and responses. Im not sure if i want the BFG rugged terrain t/a's or the Yoko geolander a/t s.... I don't plan on doing very much off roading. So, my main concern is good gas mileage and longevity honestly. At least for this set lol. Anyone have experience with either tire?
Old 11-24-2014, 07:18 AM   #6
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn57 View Post
I have cooper at3 and I love them. Have a 55k miles warranty.
Had these for a few years now, great traction on wet roads, snow, fairly good on ice, great off road, and 55,000 mile warranty. The BFG is a dressed up soccer mom tire for SUV's. Friend of mine has had good luck with his geolanders also but on a 3/4 ton Dodge.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:24 AM   #7
KyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KyleNowad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
Had these for a few years now, great traction on wet roads, snow, fairly good on ice, great off road, and 55,000 mile warranty. The BFG is a dressed up soccer mom tire for SUV's. Friend of mine has had good luck with his geolanders also but on a 3/4 ton Dodge.
Lol the OP is looking for a true that gets good gas mileage. Given your logic, the OP should get the BFGs
Old 11-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #8
Dang lol. Im not going to lie, i like those BFG's and those Yoko's. Ima look at those coopers and see about the price and all. Ordering from either tire rack or discount tire direct.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #9
Hahaha at KyleNowad these are all good suggestions and info. I just honestly can't decide hahaha
Old 11-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #10
KyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KyleNowad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usptwins View Post
Hahaha at KyleNowad these are all good suggestions and info. I just honestly can't decide hahaha
I had the rugged terrains on my first Tacoma (2011 TRD Sport). I had about 55,000 miles before I got my Baja.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #11
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
BFG all terrain KO are a great all around tire that wears like iron. Decent off road too.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #12
Ok, well, i think ima say screw it and get me some more BFG Mud terrain km 2's... But i am seriously thinking about getting some 32x11.50's... i know people have asked before and i haven't seen it, but will those fit my stock '96 tacoma with stock suspension? On my stock wheels of 15x7's. Thank yall so much for this help.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #13
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt (Retired)
Name: Ken
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
I like the P-rated Michelin LTX AT2 all-terrains. Quiet on the highway, still providing good gas mileage, and grippy offroad. Excellent tires that can stay on year-round. Pricey, though.
Got these on 2 months ago as well. I like them a lot.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #14
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
i had the geolanders you speak of for about 60k miles. GREAT tire. highly recommend them. i ended up going with Goodyear Adventure for my latest set just to try something different.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #15
nextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to all

nextfriday's Tacoma Gallery
I went through 5 sets of tires on a previous truck. The geolandar ats were the best of all worlds. Decent price, great wet and snow traction, good wear, low noise, nice looking . They have my vote. I'll be putting them on my tacoma when the time comes.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #16
ejl923 is on a distinguished road
ejl923's Tacoma Gallery
michelin ltx ms2's = treadlife and ride quality. Expensive but you'll love them
Old 11-29-2014, 07:58 AM   #17
Does anyone know if i can fit some 32x11.50 on my stock 15x7 tacoma rim with stock hight
Old 11-29-2014, 08:35 AM   #18
yeos is a splendid one to beholdyeos is a splendid one to beholdyeos is a splendid one to beholdyeos is a splendid one to beholdyeos is a splendid one to beholdyeos is a splendid one to beholdyeos is a splendid one to behold
yeos's Tacoma Gallery
Www.tirecrawler.com

Better hurry up. Free shipping black Friday deal. Normally shipping is around $100. Plus it looks like there's a bfg rebate as well.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #19
adrstout is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
adrstout's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usptwins View Post
Does anyone know if i can fit some 32x11.50 on my stock 15x7 tacoma rim with stock hight

You must have a 1st gen based on 15in rims. I don't think theywill fit but I am more familiar with 2nd gens. I think 31x10.5 will be the biggest you can do on stock suspension. That is, unless you go to 16s and then you could run 265/75r16 which is ~32x10.5.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #20
Yes, i am 1st gen, i mean, it looks like i can fit a 32, im really wanting more width really. Suggestion?