1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wheel spacers???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by leo08pirate, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Apr 26, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    leo08pirate

leo08pirate [OP] Katzo production

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Oceanside CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4.0L
    TRD exaust - Tinted Windows - TRD Intake - Alpine type S speakers
    would putting 1.25" Spidertrax on my truck help clear any 16s cause some dont fit b/c of the caliper
    i saying this because it pushes evrything out more so i was wondering
    its a spacer and would this harm anything

thanks evryone
    Leo Cruz

2. Apr 26, 2009 at 4:10 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I don't think spacers will help you clear 16's any better- Unless you have a huge negative offset....and then you wouldn't need the spacers....but I'm not sure.

3. Apr 26, 2009 at 4:11 PM
    leo08pirate

leo08pirate [OP] Katzo production

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Oceanside CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4.0L
    TRD exaust - Tinted Windows - TRD Intake - Alpine type S speakers
    i was saying beause i think it pushes everything out more form the tire to the rims so yeah

please help

4. Apr 26, 2009 at 4:25 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    You trying to push the wheel and tire farther away from the caliper? Am i reading that right? If so it should work spacers push everything out farther and you probably wouldnt need that much clearance anyway but and the plus side it will make your truck look BA.

5. Apr 26, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Next month i will be putting on 305/70/16s with a 6" Fabtech... I bought spacers just in case but my wheels will have a 4" backspacing. If i need them then i will have them on hand to use. I know a guy who used this exact same setup but he had 10.50s on and mine will be about 12" wide. Now as for the caliper deal, a 16 inch wheel fit around them stock then any other 16 will fit around them too... I will have spacers because of the back spacing and no one really has a clear answer on wether that will work or not except CraigTRD on customtacos because he did it. again he had about an inch skinnier tire than i will so just in case i got spacers (which by the way he pretty much told me i was an idiot for doing but i like to err on the safe side of things. dont want to be 6 inches in the air and noway to get outta the shop :) ) Its all about the back spacing. trust me i asked about this alot on these forums.

6. Apr 26, 2009 at 4:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...Would be interested to see what rims you are trying to fit for one. If they won't clear the calipers at 16- Then there is a reason.

I'm not sure that there is a way to push them out far enuf to get them clear of the calipers.

GJ- You said CraigTRD did that Febtech lift with the 16 inches rims?? Cause I know folks have had issues with smaller rims on the 6 inch lifts...I'm interested to see how it looks/works...

7. Apr 26, 2009 at 5:00 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    I posted a short DIY for those exact spacers just the other day. Except I painted mine black. Take a look at it, it may give you some better insight into the whole matter.

8. Apr 26, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    yeah basically 15" is outta the question because of the calipers. The wheels he got were from wheeleroffroad and they were the rockcrawler rims type B because it had the 4" backspacing. The only reason i can think that i would need the spacers is because of my width compared to him. maybe ill get away with it.
    Been out all day doing the BLHM and Blacking out my chrome grill and emblem. it turned out sweet! a little scratch in the top left corner from insertion but i can live with it. When i get my lift i will post pics of the total package. This thing is going to be all black when i get done!

Products Discussed in

To Top