Notices

Bushwacker Flares and OEM Mud Flaps

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Rustyrooster is on a distinguished road
Navy: SFM2 USS Ozark
Rustyrooster's Tacoma Gallery
Bushwacker Flares and OEM Mud Flaps

Does anyone know if you can use your OEM Flaps with BushWacker Flares ?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think so. My bro's 08 tundra, 4wheelparts had to take off the mudflaps to fit the fender flares
Old 05-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really care honestly!! I just want them to hurry up and come out with the double cab, short bed ones!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #5
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
bushwacker flares for our trucks are garbage
Old 05-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
bushwacker flares for our trucks are garbage
You mean like quality wise they suck?
Old 05-04-2009, 04:08 AM   #7
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah. they have bolt heads glued on the outside to give the bolt on appearance, but still mount just like stock on the clips
Old 05-04-2009, 07:08 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
yeah. they have bolt heads glued on the outside to give the bolt on appearance, but still mount just like stock on the clips
Oh yeah, I knew that part but do you know how the quality is on the bushwackers? I don't know anyone that has them on a Tacoma where I live.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 AM   #9
Rock Solid Toy

never seen them, cancelled my order when i found out they were not bolt on. I think they stick out a little more, but from my research they are no better than the stocks and not worth the money.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #10
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
i googled them and was not impressed whatsoever. Looks like they were like "o shit, 2nd gen taco's want some, get something out quick!"
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #11
Rock Solid Toy

i would like some fender flares, i dont like the glass options we have, something sturdy and bolt-on that sticks out a bit more would be ideal.

look what they did for old tacos:
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #12
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here is their definition of coverage, looks like they would get in the way more.

http://www.bushwacker.com/coverage.htm
Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
here is their definition of coverage, looks like they would get in the way more.

http://www.bushwacker.com/coverage.htm
Oh okay got yah. Now from the looks of that picture, they stick out more and even extend down more. Now I am assuming if that is the case, your truck will look lower then when it was with the stock fenders.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #14

look lower and possibly shred them off if you catch them with the tire when its stuffed.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #15
Rock Solid Toy

if they were $20 i'd say go for it.. but for $400+- you could do a lot to improve the performance and/or appearance

I dont think they extend down (it looks like it in the pic) but they extend out
Old 05-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
if they were $20 i'd say go for it.. but for $400+- you could do a lot to improve the performance and/or appearance

I dont think they extend down (it looks like it in the pic) but they extend out
You sure about that?
Old 05-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #17
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
what if its just for looks? i gotta prerunner so i just want somethin for looks n i dont off road as long as u dont count dirt roads!!! haha
Old 05-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #18
Just Enjoy Life!!
Fern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: American Medical Response
Name: Fernando
Fern's Tacoma Gallery
I think they look nice on the tacoma when its just for looks but $400 is a little ridiculous not to mention you still have to get them color matched.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
I think they look nice on the tacoma when its just for looks but $400 is a little ridiculous not to mention you still have to get them color matched.
Yeah I agree, and they arent very small pieces that you have to get painted too!!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #20
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
The factory flares extend down too. Id like some flares that look stock (no bolts) extend almost not at all (vs the .5" or so drop of the factory flares) and are about 1" wider.