Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Spare tire lowering kit

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
BJ's RedBeast is on a distinguished road

BJ's RedBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Spare tire lowering kit

I just bought my 2006 Tacoma about a month ago and discovered that the jack and all the tools to change and lower the spare tire were gone. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get the jack, spare tire tools, and the tire changing tools? I don't really want to go to the dealer cause it will cost almost $100. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
don't know if you have a Harbor Freight in your area but you can go online www.harborfreight.com and get one from them under $20 for a decent jack and its hydraulic too, not like the twist ones that come with the tacomas. as far as the other other tools i'm not sure.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah you can buy a bottle jack at kragen or autozone and harbor frieght as for the connector tool you got me let me see what i can find.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:10 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I'd call Toyota just for the hell of it - and ask them how much for the extensions and tools (spare tire lowering tools) needed to actually lower the spare tire. Get a price on it and go from there.... If I remember correctly, it's a 'square' (kinda like the end of a socket wrench). If you can find out what size it is and how long it needs to be.....you could probably get someone to fabricate something for you fairly cheaply.
(that's where the dealer price quote comes in - to compare).

As for actually jacking the truck up - bottle jacks, hi-lifts, etc. Those are easy to find.

Or like toku said....if you can find someone who's willing to sell you the lowering tools (those extensions,etc).
Old 05-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I would buy a gorilla wrench for taking off the lugs. Walmart has an inexpensive knock off, nice & compact. Like it better than the stock one.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:36 AM   #7
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
Just go to eBay motors and get the jack and the kit. I bought an extra jack for about $15 to make tire rotations easier. Also, I bought an extra jack for my wife’s Subaru for the same reason. There are a number of auto dismantlers on eBay that unload this kind of stuff cheap.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
BJ's RedBeast is on a distinguished road

BJ's RedBeast's Tacoma Gallery
I have the bottle jack I just need the tools. I think I will go and get the wrench from walmart. If anyone know about the tire lowering tool that would be great. I am going to check with a couple wrecking yards tomorrow and see what I can dig up. Thanks