Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Mags need paint repair

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #1
Charlot is a splendid one to beholdCharlot is a splendid one to beholdCharlot is a splendid one to beholdCharlot is a splendid one to beholdCharlot is a splendid one to beholdCharlot is a splendid one to behold

Charlot's Tacoma Gallery
Mags need paint repair

Hi guys.
When i bought my Tacoma,it came with another set if mag wheels ,they are not bad,but the black parts are pealed up.
What would be my best thing to fixe those up?
Thanks
Charly
Attached Thumbnails
Mags need paint repair-image.jpg  
Old 03-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like the clear coat peeling off. You'll need to look for a refinishing shop to have it redone, but you're probably better off just buying a new single replacement wheel.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
Charlot is a splendid one to beholdCharlot is a splendid one to beholdCharlot is a splendid one to beholdCharlot is a splendid one to beholdCharlot is a splendid one to beholdCharlot is a splendid one to behold

Charlot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
That looks like the clear coat peeling off. You'll need to look for a refinishing shop to have it redone, but you're probably better off just buying a new single replacement wheel.
Thanks ,
I apreaciate your reply.
I will see if I just try to fixe them up myself,or just get rive of them.
All the best
Charly
Old 03-11-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
Total Automotive Performance
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
I would have them powder coated a nice color to compliment your truck. No spray paint will fix that without sanding first, and the color wont match
Old 03-12-2015, 02:35 AM   #5

Charlot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDeLaPlaya View Post
I would have them powder coated a nice color to compliment your truck. No spray paint will fix that without sanding first, and the color wont match
Thanks TacoDeLaPlaya
I will check that out.
Regards
Charly
Old 03-12-2015, 03:26 AM   #6
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
That will have to be stripped down bare to make it look good again with paint. I would look into having them powder coated like Taco said. Wheels don't have enough room in them to really blend color and clear. They are easier to just have completely redone.