1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2003 4 Runner Wheels Fit 2008 PreRunner?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Dalandser, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Mar 17, 2015 at 12:43 PM
    Dalandser

Dalandser [OP] ¡Me Gustan Las Tacos-mas!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Regular Cab / 98 4x4 Extra Cab
    Empty Wallet Mod
    Hello,

I found these on CL and I really like them. Will they fit on my 2008 PreRunner to replace stock 16" steelies? I'm just concerned about clearing the calipers on the front and issues like that. Also, both wheels are 16"x7" correct? Therefore I won't have an issue with switching my 265/70/r16 tires?

Finally, I called the dealership and they wanted $120 for resetting the TPMS valves. I asked them about having to get new ones going from steel to alloy wheels and the service person on the phone said that they keep the TPMS from steel wheels into "mag" wheels all the time - this is contrary to what many people have said here on the forum. I have read you can turn them 180 degrees, but this makes them liable to break on account of getting a flat.

Any information on all of that? Thank you for your time.

Anthony

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pts/4933890658.html

2. Mar 17, 2015 at 3:27 PM
    ToyoTaco02

ToyoTaco02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Decatur,IL
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner DC 2.7L
    OME 881 1/4" top plate spacer OME Dakars OME Nitrochargers Light Racing UCA
    They will fit. I'm not sure on the TPMS as I have a first gen and we don't have the craziness of TPMS.

3. Mar 17, 2015 at 11:41 PM
    Dalandser

Dalandser [OP] ¡Me Gustan Las Tacos-mas!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Regular Cab / 98 4x4 Extra Cab
    Empty Wallet Mod
    LoL. Thanks. I know it's expensive and intrusive to have this system. Since it's on my truck I want to make sure it works right since it could potentially help in some way. Oh well... They really should make this system more user friendly. I can understand about being reluctant to making tuning changes easier for people to do at home, but this is pretty silly in my opinion. Especially if people live where it snows out and they change tires each year.

Edit: Looks like the wheels were sold. I think I'll be looking for a set of Tacoma alloys with the valve stems intact from now on to save on the cost of this upgrade! Even then I'll still have to get the new sensors set up with my ECU for $120 :(

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top