Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire gate!?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
yan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yan's Tacoma Gallery
Tire gate!?

So my dad got this tire gate for his f-250 but it looks hideous on his truck!!! He decided to give me a present haha 700 bux i would never pay for one of these but hey free i'll rock it... Its kinda growing on me and def way easier to get the tire down. Now i need a farmers jack to mount behind it and some back up lights!

Old 05-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
TrdPETE is on a distinguished road

TrdPETE's Tacoma Gallery
you're kidding right?
Old 05-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
yan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shedyan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yan's Tacoma Gallery
kidding about what?
Old 05-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
ldm is on a distinguished road

Air Force: C-141 Flight Engineer, Msgt.,Retired
ldm's Tacoma Gallery
That would look really good on Ebay!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
yan's Tacoma Gallery
lol ahhh no way its functionality is more appealing to me than its looks...
Old 05-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #6
Tilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lyle
Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
For utility or vacations (pulling a trailer or something), it would probably not stand out much. But I don't think I'd go driving around like that. It sort of sticks out like a sore thumb.

But then again, everyone's different. So if you like it, that's all that really matters.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
yan's Tacoma Gallery
i do like it! i think it would look better if i had a leer top or something but who cares... these are rated at 7500lb towing capacity, so i really don't think ill have trouble towing something with it!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
wbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shedwbhvacer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 46210 munitions system spec. F-4 phantom
wbhvacer's Tacoma Gallery
does not quite go with your taco IMHO
Old 05-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
yan's Tacoma Gallery
well bigger wheels and lift coming soon... might look a little better... IT WAS FREE!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
thats different.hmmmmm dont think i could sport that thing even being free.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #12
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
i guess if you get flat tires daily it would have functionality.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #13
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
maybe something more looking like this ( this is what I origanlly thought you meant...

Old 05-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #14
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
Maybe if you have some sort of an off road tire and wheel on it with a cap, but man that is harsh!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
CaliforniaTaco is on a distinguished road
CaliforniaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I don't care if it was free. You couldn't PAY ME to put that on my truck.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan View Post
i think it would look better if i had a leer top or something
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #18
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
that would be a good spot for a fire hose and put a water tank in the bed of the truck.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #19
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
The things I could have bought with 700 dollars!!
Old 05-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #20
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I'd melt that down and make it into a steel plate bumper. No freaking way I'd drive around like that.

What I don't get is, and I'm not trying to beat you up BUT, if it looked "hideous" on an F250, why on earth would you think it would look good on a Tacoma?