Notices

Stock wheel, stock tire size, nice rubber

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
Kemosabe is on a distinguished road

Name: Louis
Kemosabe's Tacoma Gallery
Stock wheel, stock tire size, nice rubber

Hi everyone! I would like to see some Tacoma with nice AT/MT tires in stock size (245-75-16) on stock 16" wheels that would give my ideas for my futur tire!

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
Kyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kyitty's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you get some responses. I'm having a hard time choosing custom wheels for my truck. Still got the stock rims like yours sounds like. Thinking I should stay with 16" as well.

The stock Dunlop AT2's I hear aren't very good tires. And the couple snows I got to drive on I didn't really have that great of traction (light powder, slippery roads).
Old 04-09-2015, 06:11 AM   #3

I agree that the dunlop aren't the best for traction but didin't try it in snow because we have to have winter tire on our vehicules in my region on a specific date but i put them on before to not try my luck on icy roads.

I want to keep the stock size because I like the economy of my 2.7 and it is my daily driver. Custom wheels are awesome but a bit pricy I prefer use the money for hunting and fishing gear
Old 04-09-2015, 08:57 AM   #4
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin LTS A/T2 in 245/75/R16 are my favorites for function and durability. Not the hottest "looking" tire though.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregman View Post
Michelin LTS A/T2 in 245/75/R16 are my favorites for function and durability. Not the hottest "looking" tire though.

Still better than stock dunlop :P I think those mags are my favorite!
Old 04-11-2015, 12:04 AM   #6
LittleLady808 is on a distinguished road

LittleLady808's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a picture of my stock 245/75/16's Michelin LTX AT 2's. Awesome tire IMO, a much lighter feel than the dunlops.
Attached Thumbnails
Stock wheel, stock tire size, nice rubber-image.jpg  
Old 04-11-2015, 11:29 AM   #7
Kyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyitty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kyitty's Tacoma Gallery
An electrician I work with often has a 2014 Tacoma DCLB Sport that he just put Michelin's on the winter of 2014/2015. He says they give him much better traction than the original Dunlops. He deals with snow, muddy roads, and driving up into the mountains to get to homes. (granted not off roading). He seems to be happy with them.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #8

Thanks for the replies! I just put back on my dunlop in replacement of my winter tire and they are much lighter! the michelin looks better than the dunlop and if they are lighter then it is becoming an interesting tire!
Old 04-13-2015, 12:40 PM   #9

Kyitty's Tacoma Gallery
Okay so I just checked with my electrician today. I'm considering replacing my Dunlops.

He is using the Michelin LTX A/T 2's (the standard 4-ply type, not the heavy load rated version). We had a pretty weak winter this year so he doesn't really have any serious winter driving on them. He's only had them one winter season. Though he's put like 10k miles on them already. Said he just had his truck serviced and the dealer commented how he had new tires on his truck. They still look new apparently!
Old 04-13-2015, 06:01 PM   #10

the more I hear about those michelin LTX at2 the more I think they are a good tire for the use I need! I would really like to have a All terrain looking tire but I don't really off road and I don't want a heavy tire that would kill my mpg... I will really take the michelin in consideration when it will be time!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #11
LittleLady808 is on a distinguished road

LittleLady808's Tacoma Gallery
The LTX 2's are the best tires I've had! And in comparison with the stock dunlops this 245/75/16 LTX 2's seem bigger and I love that they are a little wider too!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:38 PM   #12
OKJC has a brilliant futureOKJC has a brilliant futureOKJC has a brilliant futureOKJC has a brilliant futureOKJC has a brilliant futureOKJC has a brilliant futureOKJC has a brilliant futureOKJC has a brilliant futureOKJC has a brilliant futureOKJC has a brilliant futureOKJC has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
OKJC's Tacoma Gallery
I had the Michelin LTX2 as well. They were great and lasted forever. Again...they don't look like much but the performance was outstanding. Still, I went with slightly larger Cooper Discoverer AT3 for my new set, just for the sake of trying something new. Really dig them as well.