Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

all terrain tires wider stance/ good on highway

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
tacomosaurus is on a distinguished road
tacomosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
all terrain tires wider stance/ good on highway

good evening I need some input from people with taco experience, I have 2013 black double cab standard with a 3 inch lift and I need to get my winter tires off asap (hakkapeliitta r2's which i highly recommend they were great this winter (Canadian winter), anyway I don't want to put the stocks back on as i need something with a litter more bulk and bite, Specifically i am looking for a good tire which will do well in mud/dirt rocks etc occasional off roading, but will also do well on highways/ normal street driving with low noise, I also want to widen my stance a bit. I drive highway and dirt roads everyday for work.
also wondering because of my 3 inch lift my upper control arm is angled down a bit more than stock so with purchasing new rims for the wheels I get( want to keep the stock rims on my winters) how much of an offset should I be looking for to give plenty of room so there will be no rubbing on anything in the wheel well.
the stock wheels as well as my winters are p265/r17 as well as the inside door panel label.
again i would like to get a bigger all terrain tire for non winter months/ possibly bigger rim, low highway noise give a bit wider stance.
thanks for any tips/ help stories of experience in advance.
happy day after 420
Old 04-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
amxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shedamxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shedamxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shedamxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shedamxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shedamxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shedamxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shedamxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shedamxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shedamxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shedamxguy1970 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tyler
amxguy1970's Tacoma Gallery
Quick search gave me this...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...rchid=14226628

Tyler
Old 04-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #4
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
One of the best at tires for road is toyo at2. That or the Cooper at3 should be on your list.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:06 PM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook dynapro atm. You also should get new UCA's with 3 inches of lift.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:08 PM   #6
tacomosaurus is on a distinguished road
tacomosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the input so far guys has at least helped me narrow down tires to a few, @pudge151 ya I have been thinking about getting new uca's for a while now, I was extremely busy with work when the lift got done and thought they were going to ask me if I wanted them or specific brand of package (done through toyota dealership who uses a 3rd party 4x4 truck shop), but just went with w/e they put in, I also asked right away if the fact the uca's were stock would have any negative impact but they said no....

recently though I have been noticing the vehicle steering is not as tight and almost wobbly or swims at higher speeds?while driving over bumps at high speeds and around corners. had the alignment done helped a bit but something is still off.
which uca's do you recommend, I've heard all sorts of good things about icon, dcm, total chaos, fabtech, so i don't know ho i would narrow it down. is there any specific ones i should stick to if i was to go with a steering stabilizer package as well down the line?
Old 04-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/75-16

Stock suspension, no lift, no rub. Quiet on the highway, works well in all conditions (sand, mud, snow)... this is my second set.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:51 PM   #8
All of those moments....will be lost.....in time
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Not impressed with the ATms in our wet coastal snow , I won't be getting them again