Notices

09 Taco TPMS and FJ Cruiser steelies

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
deadbeat son is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
deadbeat son's Tacoma Gallery
09 Taco TPMS and FJ Cruiser steelies

Hey everyone, I've searched and searched on TPMS sensors, but can't find the answer to this question. I have an 09 Tacoma DC 4x4 with the TRD OR package. I picked up a set of new (take-off) FJ Cruiser steel wheels. I'd like to keep the stock wheels as well and switch back and forth. This leaves me with two questions.

First, I found a set of TPMS sensors from Taco steelies; does anyone know if these will fit the FJ steel wheels properly?

Finally, can the Taco ECU store 9 sensors IDs, or will it have to be reprogrammed each time I swap wheels? If the latter is the case, I guess I'll just forego the TPMS sensors in the Cruiser wheels.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
deadbeat son is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
deadbeat son's Tacoma Gallery
Disregard.

I just spoke with my service department, and they said the truck's ECU could only hold one set of sensors. Every time I were to switch wheels back and forth, I'd have to re-load the codes for the respective set of sensors. I guess one set will remain TPMS-less.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
Put your TPMS sensors in the spare tire and run regular valve stems on both sets. You won't know if you have a low tire, but you won't have to look at the warning light.