1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dueler revos, horrible balance

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by out_of_step, May 16, 2009.

1. May 16, 2009 at 5:18 PM
    out_of_step

out_of_step [OP] Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD V6 SR5
    Just got some 265/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler revos installed at discount tires 2 days ago, first got them drove to the interstate and they didn't vibrate at all, then after about 75 miles driving they started to vibrate between 60-65 :mad:, I mean somewhat intense at times, once leaving my place this morning they shook from 0-60 mph for about 5 miles then disapeared, then will randomly start vibrating after going around a corner or hitting a bump sometimes it goes away again, has anyone had theses issues with these paticular tire??? I'm thinking one tire may have a shifting belt or ply defective from the factory, btw my old shity Big-O big foots had absolutly no vibration at all

2. May 16, 2009 at 5:26 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    ck you air psi 1st ck it cold bring it back and have the balance ck
    all the A/T revos i have sold never heard of it

3. May 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    out_of_step

out_of_step [OP] Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD V6 SR5
    actually i already checked the psi set at 33 front and 34 rear, drove about 40 miles rechecked and the front went up about 3 psi and rear went up about 3.5 psi unfortunately discount tire is about 110 mi away and won't be able to go back till next weekend, since there is no such thing as a smooth road in CO doesn't help either

4. May 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    allupinsydeyou

allupinsydeyou Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal / vegas
    Vehicle:
    v8 swapped yota. dyno tuned @ 400hp
    modified total chaos uppers and lowers... king coilovers, deaver leafs, full cage, 351w motor swap, etc..
    your tie rod lock nuts tight? sounds like your getting tire shake. make sure your balljoints and shit are tight as well.

5. May 16, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    out_of_step

out_of_step [OP] Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD V6 SR5
    tie rods are good, haven't been able to jack up front end to check balljoints, but ill just have to rebalance them to start, theoretically if there balancer was out of calibration each tire might vibrate/shake at a different speed, kinda bummed cause the balancer at my work is broken so i have to wait to go back to discount tire

6. May 16, 2009 at 6:14 PM
    allupinsydeyou

Member:
    so cal / vegas
    Vehicle:
    modified total chaos uppers and lowers... king coilovers, deaver leafs, full cage, 351w motor swap, etc..
    that is true... if you lived by me i would say bring them by and we can balance them. but your in BFE. start with the balance and go from there. did you up your tire size or new wheels?

7. May 16, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    ck it cold should be 29 front/ rear :D

8. May 16, 2009 at 6:22 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Thread subbed- I was talking to the Service Manager @ the local firestone the other day about getting me some of these- I want to know what you have happen.

9. May 16, 2009 at 6:22 PM
    allupinsydeyou

Member:
    so cal / vegas
    Vehicle:
    thats personal preference. i run 45 front and rear. and offroading i run 12 to 15

10. May 16, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    just doesn't sound right have the balance ck :D

11. May 16, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    allupinsydeyou

Member:
    so cal / vegas
    Vehicle:
    and i would honestly say go with bfg tires. never a problem and last i checked they have won baja for the past 10ish years... says something about their product.

12. May 16, 2009 at 6:26 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...The tires are attached to good trucks...LOL.

I have Bridgestone Potenzas on my other car and I LOVE them. Heard some good things about the Revos and I like how they look...This is the first real problem I've heard besides people going "I didn't like them as much as whatever other tire"

13. May 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    allupinsydeyou

Member:
    so cal / vegas
    Vehicle:
    true true... but bfg is always known for quality. and that is something they have never let slip. i have maxxis tires on my truck now and hate them. were given to me free with a set of wheels as well... cant wait to get them off and put my mudders back on.

14. May 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    Robbsolid

Robbsolid Zombie Killer

Member:
    ABQ, N.M.
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SuperWhite DBL Cab
    Plastic X'd Flares, deck plate mod, Thrush welded muffler, graphite painted wheels, relocated turn signals, fogs in bumper
    i would just check if the weights fell off... i had the same thing happen to me (i dont have revos though) and i just went back and had them rebalanced, and they were all off. I need to go back again bc i heard my weights fling off the tires and hit the underside of my truck.

weights could have fallen off

15. May 16, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    no sir its not its spec :D

16. May 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Spec from where??

17. May 16, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    ck the door plate :D

18. May 16, 2009 at 6:32 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Only works for the OEM tires- If you put other tires on the truck those numbers are not useful any longer.

Since NONE of these trucks come with Revos....Gotta figure out your own pressures.

19. May 16, 2009 at 6:35 PM
    David Tarantino

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    are you saying size or tire :)

20. May 16, 2009 at 6:35 PM
    allupinsydeyou

Member:
    so cal / vegas
    Vehicle:
    100% correct. that is a suggested from fatory for factory tire pressure. it is all in your own comfort. i have ridden tires as high as 65 when im running a 35 13.5 16 tire. really helps gas milage.

Products Discussed in

To Top