Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How to: tire rub, cab mount mod...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #21
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Also, here is a write up from the guys at All Pro on clearancing the body mount on a FJ... basically the same as the Tacoma and what I was planning to use as a guide when i got around to doing this mod. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ns-w-pics.html
Old 11-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #22
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
KaoskrewPB's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine today took me about an hour.
Didn't weld because I don't have a welding machine.
I love not having to worry about rubbing anymore
Old 11-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #23
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoskrewPB View Post
Did mine today took me about an hour.
Didn't weld because I don't have a welding machine.
I love not having to worry about rubbing anymore
Pictures are always good!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #24
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
KaoskrewPB's Tacoma Gallery
Cool deal I'll post some up tommorow
Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #26
DaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura aboutDaveSmith has a spectacular aura about
Army: Navy / Army
Name: Dave
DaveSmith's Tacoma Gallery
How much are guys paying to have their cab mount trimmed and boxed in (bend and weld a steel plate across the cut out section of the cab mount)?

I can do the cutting and grinding but I don't have the tools to do the plate cutting and welding.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #27
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Good write up and great pictures.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #28
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
haha.... thanks for reminding me. i cut mine like a year ago and have never gone back and boxed them in... guess maybe i should look into that. ohh and no worries on your cut... mines cut WAY more than that and hasnt given me any problems at all.
can you post up a picture fire 931?

how important is it to box it? coltstrd got his chopped and never had it boxed and he has no problems...
Old 10-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #29
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 10-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #30
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
scribed
Old 10-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #31
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #33
kram is a jewel in the roughkram is a jewel in the roughkram is a jewel in the rough
kram's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
how important is it to box it? coltstrd got his chopped and never had it boxed and he has no problems...
+1

Is it really necessary to box it back in? Or can you just coat the exposed edges with rust protection paint and call it done?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #34
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Why does the cab mount stick out so far like that? I just cut mine but I removed much more then that. Should I worry about loosing structural integrity? I have no plate installed...
Old 08-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #37
Viking303 will become famous soon enough
Name: Lord Donkey Puncher
Viking303's Tacoma Gallery
Not seeing any of your pics anymore and I am about
to do this mod.....
Old 08-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #38
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Your 30th post will be about how easy it is to find pictures on the Interwebs...

https://www.google.com/search?q=toyo...DYqIiAKPiYDwDw