Notices

New lift & wheels on 09 DC LB

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
okietaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Major, MC
okietaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool New lift & wheels on 09 DC LB

Hey - just leveled with Bilsteen 1500 @ 2.5" in front and Toytec 2" AAL in back. Changed wheels from crappy OEM to BFG AT 285/70/17. Kept Sport 17" rims. Had to modify front to stop rubbing with 2.5" wheel spacers and carved out some black plastic with a razor.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Hows the ride? Did you do new UCAs as well? Im looking at doing this exact setup and just want to make sure that it doesnt wander all over the road.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
okietaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Major, MC
okietaco's Tacoma Gallery
My ride feels softer than original. Toytec sent front mod (spacers) so no other mods needed. I had it aligned and now I go down the highways and streets straight.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Best looking truck I have seen! Very nice!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Nice!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
snowtaco is on a distinguished road
snowtaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks sick for sure
Old 05-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #11
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
How much cutting did you have to do? Could you take some pics? Show and tell.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
snowtaco is on a distinguished road
snowtaco's Tacoma Gallery
get your self a billet grill it will make a big difference it really does add alot and they arent that tough
Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #15
NJB is on a distinguished road
Marines: Infantry
NJB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_yota View Post
How much cutting did you have to do? Could you take some pics? Show and tell.
X2

If would be great if you could show us how and where you improved clearence for the bigger tires.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #16
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
So it didn't stiffen up at all? I was under the impresion that lifting it would make your truck stiffer, not softer. Did you put spacers on your rear wheels too?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:52 AM   #17
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
His trimming can't be much different than mine

Heres what I did. You basically gotta get rid of the black inner plastic with a pocket knife. Mine was probably more drastic than his because mine are M/T's. Either way, you can see it up front of the tire in this shot.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #18
TodaGuy is on a distinguished road
TodaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I just lifted my 09 taco with 33's and im still working on trimming as little as needed not to rub. For trimming I used a air powered circular friction cutter. Cut threw like butter and worked great for trimming. I was driving on a bumpy curvy road the other day and hit a bump on a turn and my toyos rubbed against my UCAs. Future mod..