Tires*Tires*Tires*Tires !!!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #541
BPR is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
BPR's Tacoma Gallery
Advice on tires for a 2013 Tacoma

Awesome job on the thread,

Just bought a 2013 Tacoma and want to upgrade from the stock tires. Winter is upon us so I would be looking for something good in snow, moderate off road, but will mainly be driven highway as this is my main mode of transport for work. Come the weekend I am heading for the logging access roads though; don't worry I have a radio). Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #542
frrodriguez08 is on a distinguished road
Name: FR
frrodriguez08's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

[QUOTE=Doug2000;630974]Thanks for the posting what I have been looking for, but anybody have an opinion on Mickey Thompson ATZ or MTZ, they must be good on the highway and good for towing my 4000 lbs Tent Trailer.[/QUOTE.

I replaced the original set if tires in my new fj cruiser when I got it in feb 2006 (it was the second in San Antonio TX) the year model was obviously 2007, for Mickey Thompson's Baja ATZ, and until September 2009, with 56000 miles they were great tires. Went twice to several parts in Mexico, high speed highways 85 miles per hour speed limits and those Michey Thompson's were smooth quiet . They also can get a grip in light off roading, they looked almost new when I had to sell the truck.
I just bought a 2006 Tacoma base access cab 4 x 4 and I'm thinking in another set of Micky Thompson's Baja ATZ's
Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #543
YogiBear is on a distinguished road

YogiBear's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I am about to buy new tires and I was wanting some suggestions. I have a gen 1 with only 2 wheel drive. I drive on roads mostly so something that will keep my mpg decent but I need them to pull a 16 ft duck boat off wet steep boat ramps. I also go off road on occasion. I am more concerned about pulling the boat out than mpg but if there is a good combo I would like to know.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #544
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBear View Post
Hey guys I am about to buy new tires and I was wanting some suggestions. I have a gen 1 with only 2 wheel drive. I drive on roads mostly so something that will keep my mpg decent but I need them to pull a 16 ft duck boat off wet steep boat ramps. I also go off road on occasion. I am more concerned about pulling the boat out than mpg but if there is a good combo I would like to know.

Thanks.
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #545
maverick2013 is on a distinguished road
maverick2013's Tacoma Gallery
What does anyone think about the looks and gas mileage of the bfgoodrich allterrain ko in 30/9.50R 15 or 31/10.50R 15 on 1998 tacoma 4x4 SR5 V6, getting ready to buy and not sure which size to go to I want the looks but don't want to lose my mileage I get with these 235 75R 15s.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #546
04TacomaPre is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
04TacomaPre's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, so I need new tires on my 04 Tacoma PreRunner and always get the B/F Goodrich Rugged Trails. However, the guy at Discount told me that the Long Trail would last longer since I only do city/hwy driving and no off-roading.

Anybody get the Long Trails?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #547
WindRiver is on a distinguished road
WindRiver's Tacoma Gallery
Very helpful....Thanks!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #548
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
It's almost been a year and I STILL love these tires !!!!!!!!

Ride excellent, track excellent, dry pavement, gravel, mud, snow and ice.....Amazing!!!!!!

05 Tacoma with 35" Fierce Attitude MT
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #549
Phrosty will become famous soon enough
Name: Taylor
Phrosty's Tacoma Gallery
Having a tough time deciding between general grabber at2's and hankook dynapro atm's. both seem pretty similar in price. Looking to run them in 285/75/16's..which would you guys choose? Thanks!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #551
rtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrtrudel35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
rtrudel35's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about the General Grabber AT2s. Right now I'm all on road, but if I was to venture off road, will the P version of the AT2s do the trick? It wouldn't be anything crazy. I think load range E LT version may be a little over kill. I've been searching all over for info. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #552
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrudel35 View Post
Thinking about the General Grabber AT2s. Right now I'm all on road, but if I was to venture off road, will the P version of the AT2s do the trick? It wouldn't be anything crazy. I think load range E LT version may be a little over kill. I've been searching all over for info. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
The only reason to get LT rated tires for our trucks is if you want more sidewall durability for serious offroading.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #553
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrudel35 View Post

Hey, Only reason I went with LT's....The TW "Deal" mountainprimat gave me......He swore by these and he "Plays" hard....

Now that I have them,yes I love those sidewalls BUT worth the $$ ???

Your choice and YES all of this INFO will make your head spin...BUT KPT can cut thru all the BS and give info straight up....
Old 02-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #554
Prim3sTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Prim3sTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
So being new hear i need help between 4 Tire names. 1) Conti cross contacts 2) General grabber at2 3) Hankook dynapro 4) Falken rocky mountain ats 5) Cooper discoverer a/t3. And any recommendations other then what I came up with. There price range is between $160-$175. Im inclined to stay in that price range unless I undoubtedly find a better tire hands down. 265/65/17 is my size. So if you know anything other than what I've read on retail websites please respond or pm me.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #555
SR5808 is on a distinguished road
Name: J10
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 02-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #556
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
dk how there isn't nitto trail grappler MT up there..

Old 02-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #557
m32 has a spectacular aura aboutm32 has a spectacular aura aboutm32 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Edwin
m32's Tacoma Gallery
I've narrowed down my search for tires to these BFG Rugged Terrains for the Hankook DynaPros. The BFG's are hwy all-season and the kooks are on/off road AT. If you've owned either one, can you share/educate with me your experience? Since BFGs are all-hwy, does that mean they get better MPG? I looked at the specs and they weight about the same. Any thoughts/input is appreciated
Old 02-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #558
usaf is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Airborne
Name: Garrett
usaf's Tacoma Gallery
Kanati Mud Hogs!
Attached Thumbnails
Tires*Tires*Tires*Tires  !!!!!-kanatimudhog_1.jpg  
Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #560
UFGatorFAN is on a distinguished road
Navy: Air Traffic Controller
Name: Erick