1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does size really matter ...?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 07TRDComa, May 24, 2009.

1. May 24, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    07TRDComa

07TRDComa [OP] Member

Member:
    Franklin, NY
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road SR5
    I'm in the market for some new tires. I'm currently running 265/70/16s and wish to maintain my stock appearance for the most part. The BFG Rugged-Trail T/As need replacing big time. When I bought the truck back in February, I knew that I would need new rubber sometime in late summer, early fall. I went checking around at the local BJs wearhouse and found some Michelins that might do the trick. I found a set of 265/75/16s which I think would look great on my '07 DC Off-Road. They aren't cheap but they come with all the bells & whistles. The other set of Michelins are the same size tire I'm running presently.

My question: What advantages / disadvantages would I be experiencing should I go with the taller tire (75s) versus the shorter tire (70s)? I'm not an expert on these things but aside from the beefier look, would I be setting myself up for worse gas mileage (I'm presently getting 19 - 19.5 mpg with my 6 cyl.) or any other issues I might encounter down the road? The taller size costs roughly 30 bucks more a tire.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. May 24, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I think you should be fine with that larger size. You won't even tell the gas mileage difference between the two because the 265/75-16's are just one size larger. You should be good to go.;)

Products Discussed in

To Top