Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Steel wheel TPMS on alloy wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
chilic82 will become famous soon enoughchilic82 will become famous soon enough

chilic82's Tacoma Gallery
Steel wheel TPMS on alloy wheels?

I read on one of these toyota forums that if you take the steel wheel tpms and turn them 180 degrees that you can use them in alloy wheels. Does anyone know anything about this? I have just swapped my steelies for some TRD Sport wheels and was thinking about trying this.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Pink Taco Lover
sonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud ofsonjason has much to be proud of
sonjason's Tacoma Gallery
I changed from stock 16 inch steelies to FJ TRD Trail teams edition alloys, and the dealer used my stock TPMS with no issues.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:09 AM   #3
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
I went from stock steel wheels to aftermarket alloy wheels and the tire shop used the stock tpms with no problem.