Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2009, 04:19 AM   #1
thelustisgonexx is on a distinguished road

thelustisgonexx's Tacoma Gallery
BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO

I am interested in purchasing these for my PreRunner access cab but I'm not too sure if I wanna spend the money on them. If anyone has these and cares to share their input that would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelustisgonexx View Post
I am interested in purchasing these for my PreRunner access cab but I'm not too sure if I wanna spend the money on them. If anyone has these and cares to share their input that would be greatly appreciated!!
I have them and love them. Some people don't like them, but i have run them on my last 3 trucks, and its the only tire i use. Lived in Colorado, Nebraska, Louisiana, and SoCal, and they have been great in every scenario i have run into. Of course i also don't drive my truck with mud up to the flares, but i do take my trucks out on and off of the trails.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I used to run them exclusively....Then I tried the Nitto Terra Grapplers, and I have been running them ever since. They grip MUCH better than the BFG's.....in EVERY type of terrain.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #4

Yeah I am just starting to get into off roading so the tires wouldn't see much but it's between those or the Wrangler SilentArmors. I have read more bad reviews like terrible tread length and such with the BFG's, but here I have read nothing but good reviews. Now as for the Wranglers I have read that they are extremely weak in the sidewalls.

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:33 AM   #5
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
BFG AT's are expensive, but worth every penny IMO. I usually get about 60K miles out of a set. I don't do much (if any) trail riding or off-roading, but I like the way they look and they are great in the snow.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:40 AM   #6
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
BFGs are way overpriced for the quality. Its like people buy them for the glamour aspect of them being THE offroad tire. They do look very aggressive, but Personally I drove my friends jeep with KOs and his friends first gen with nitto terra grapplers. The terra grapplers VASTLY outperformed the BFG in almost every situation, especially on road.

Now i need to find someone with bridgestone dueler revos to try out...
Old 06-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #7

Thanks guys for the info! Definitely helping me out but keep 'em comin'!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I used to run them exclusively....Then I tried the Nitto Terra Grapplers, and I have been running them ever since. They grip MUCH better than the BFG's.....in EVERY type of terrain.

Ive heard that the terra grapplers arent good in ice/snow. It ices more in STL area than snow. Any insight?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
BFGs are way overpriced for the quality. Its like people buy them for the glamour aspect of them being THE offroad tire. They do look very aggressive, but Personally I drove my friends jeep with KOs and his friends first gen with nitto terra grapplers. The terra grapplers VASTLY outperformed the BFG in almost every situation, especially on road.

Now i need to find someone with bridgestone dueler revos to try out...
Do you really think that you can do an honest comparision when driving two vehicles that are so vastly different?

I'm sure there are some differences between the two tires, but a Jeep and First Gen Taco are built and handle totally different.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #10
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboytacoma24 View Post
Ive heard that the terra grapplers arent good in ice/snow. It ices more in STL area than snow. Any insight?
They grip better in the snao we have out here, than the BFG's do.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
Bryon
Showtime250 is on a distinguished road

Showtime250's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Showtime250
I agree with rocketball. You cant compair a truck to a suv. I had a set of bfgs on my last truck (a ranger) and they performed very well and got a lot of miles. They are also awesome in the snow. I just purchased another set of bfgs for my taco altho they are the mt's. My buddy has a full size chevy with the nittos and he isnt to happy with them but go with the ones you like you will be a lot happier.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #12
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Chris have you noticed the Nittos dry rot. I had a set and they dry rotted after a couple summers here in Vegas.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
Chris have you noticed the Nittos dry rot. I had a set and they dry rotted after a couple summers here in Vegas.
Interesting....I have never had that happen. I have had 4 sets of Terra Grapplers since 2000, and never had that issue?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:56 AM   #14
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2, had the bfg's on every truck i have owned, went to the Nitto and wont look back. The bfg's are great but the Nitto TG's are better. IMO
Quote:
Interesting....I have never had that happen. I have had 4 sets of Terra Grapplers since 2000, and never had that issue?
My TG's have dry rot cracks in them, but most of my tires have done that before also. I think it has alot to do with the climate you live in.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
My TG's have dry rot cracks in them, but most of my tires have done that before also. I think it has alot to do with the climate you live in.
Hmm...Could be. Being as its dry and hot as hell out here, you would think if it was gonna happen, this would be the place.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #16
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
kasey200's Tacoma Gallery
Well considering it snows here about 7 months a year I know that the BFG KO's perform very well in the snow and all other wintery conditions. I have about 53000 on mine and they still have another 10-15k left on them i would guess. as far as off-road.......... well, i don't rock crawl or anything with my taco but I try to take it places it shouldn't go while out hunting (only been towed once) and they perform decient.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #17
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm...Could be. Being as its dry and hot as hell out here, you would think if it was gonna happen, this would be the place.
less moisture constantly going in and out of the tire in AZ I dono
Old 06-04-2009, 06:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
less moisture constantly going in and out of the tire in AZ I dono
Good point.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #19
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
To the op for a cheaper tire that I find preformed well on my 02 prerunner that I gave hell to, I used Definity Dakota A/T I loved them. Never went rock crawling, or traveled in snow with them but the held up fine for everyday driving and some hunting trips. They also only go up to 31" tall. Oh and Pepboys carries them. Note: I despise Pepboys but liked this tire.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #20

I have looked at those and are keeping them in the back of my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
To the op for a cheaper tire that I find preformed well on my 02 prerunner that I gave hell to, I used Definity Dakota A/T I loved them. Never went rock crawling, or traveled in snow with them but the held up fine for everyday driving and some hunting trips. They also only go up to 31" tall. Oh and Pepboys carries them. Note: I despise Pepboys but liked this tire.