1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265 Tires on 17 x 9's? Quick reply appreciated.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by spencer_hong, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Nov 18, 2007 at 8:30 PM
    spencer_hong

spencer_hong [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    K&N Air Charger CAI 63 Series, Flowmaster Delta 50 Series Muffler, Helo Maxx6 Black Wheels 17'', Blacked out headlights, blacked out tail lights, interior neon,, Luminics H4 Pure Blue headlight bulbs, Luminics H10 Pure Blue Fog Light bulbs, 10% tint all around, blacked out emblems, Pioneer In-Dash DVD
    I'm about 99.9% sure they'll fit but I wanted to run it by you guys. I know that the cushion between the tire and my rims wont be 3 inches as it is stock, it'll be more like 1.5 inches.

But from any experiences. Will the stock 265 tires fit on 17 x 9 rims? The tires come out to have a width of 10.43 inches, with the 9 inch width of the rims so I'm sure it'll work fine. Just wanted to ask.

2. Nov 18, 2007 at 8:40 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

im almost 100% positive that you will be good to go.

3. Nov 18, 2007 at 8:57 PM
    spencer_hong

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    K&N Air Charger CAI 63 Series, Flowmaster Delta 50 Series Muffler, Helo Maxx6 Black Wheels 17'', Blacked out headlights, blacked out tail lights, interior neon,, Luminics H4 Pure Blue headlight bulbs, Luminics H10 Pure Blue Fog Light bulbs, 10% tint all around, blacked out emblems, Pioneer In-Dash DVD
    Thanks, I think I'll be fine too. BTW I forgot to mention the stock rims are 17 x 7.5 and the new ones I am buying are 17 x 9

4. Nov 18, 2007 at 9:12 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i had 275s on 17x9 wheels and they fit great, but i know for a fact that on 17x9s you can go from 255-275 without any problems

5. Nov 18, 2007 at 9:30 PM
    spencer_hong

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    A buddy of mine just told me that he thinks the chances of getting the 265 tires on 17 x 9's are 50/50, and that if I do get them on it'll make the ride of my truck worse.

Any input on this? I'm calling American Tire co. and Toyota tomorrow to make sure of everything. But hearing from you guys is better becuase most of you have gone through this or know people who have.

Thanks for all your responces.

6. Nov 18, 2007 at 9:37 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    my 275s on the 17x9s were perfectly sized, but they WERE nitto 555s, not knobby tires. i still think as far as the width goes it should be fine

7. Nov 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM
    spencer_hong

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    An update for you guys: I bought my rims today. I'm getting them on Wednesday at the American Tire co. around here. $700 for the Helo Maxx6 17's with a lug nut kit and installation. Not bad.

The tires are supposed to fit, and the offset and everything is good so we'll see how it all works out. Thanks to those who replied.

8. Nov 19, 2007 at 7:26 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    thats a good price but still alot of dough to throw down without knowing for sure if they'll fit.......... get PICS

9. Nov 20, 2007 at 11:55 AM
    dabighi

dabighi Well-Known Member

Member:
    just make sure that your backspacing on the new wheels is the same. the 275's on 17x9 combo should work based on the fact that out here in socal(not sure of other places) the trd sport model comes with 265's on 17x8(pretty sure its 8 thats what came stock on my buddys truck). im almost 100 percent sure that they should fit with relatively no problem. but like i said make sure that the backspacing is the same..4.5" and that the bolt pattern is correct..6 on 5.5". i know that this is pretty basic for most people but i know someone who got too excited over a set of rims and didnt bother to make sure that the backspacing would match up and even bought them with the wrong bolt pattern. so just watch that you dont get all googly eyed over a good price and good looking rim. take care of your truck and buy what should be on there. get some pics up tho bro so we can check it out

10. Nov 20, 2007 at 1:00 PM
    spencer_hong

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    yeah dont even worry about it. backspacing is 4.5'' bolt pattern is 6x5.5 and offset is 18mm. i got it all down. im getting them on tomorrow. and btw the stock trd wheels are 17x7.5

11. Nov 21, 2007 at 9:06 PM
    spencer_hong

Member:
    Palos Verdes, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    BlackedOut 07 DC
    Pictures Are Up Under My Gallery Profile

Products Discussed in

To Top