Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

REAR Passenger tire sticks out, Driver sticks in. F-Stone said nothing wrong

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
Soul is on a distinguished road

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
REAR Passenger tire sticks out, Driver sticks in. F-Stone said nothing wrong

My Rear Passenger tire sticks out, Driver sticks in.My local fire Stone said nothing wrong (I don't trust those guys anymore, tried to ripped me off ) I went to the toyota dealer and he was surpirse as i was. Schedule an appointment next tuesday.
anyone have this problem? Just recently upgrade to 265/75/16 tires and this happens.

It's really noticeable, the pic is not the keen eye.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Is your bed even side to side? If so it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a bed off 3/4''.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
Is your bed even side to side? If so it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a bed off 3/4''.
X2
Old 06-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #5

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
The bed is completely even, just the tire sticks out, it's werid. The front tires are perfect

Actually mm that make sense.
Attached Thumbnails
REAR Passenger tire sticks out, Driver sticks in. F-Stone said nothing wrong-dsc01291.jpg  
Old 06-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
Black08Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Black08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Usually the rear axle will shift inside the housing from side to side, but not that much. All the trucks ive worked on have done it and notice that the Taco will move a little. like a 1/4 inch or so. Try making a left turn in to the drive way and see if it moved to the other side.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #7

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black08Taco View Post
Usually the rear axle will shift inside the housing from side to side, but not that much. All the trucks ive worked on have done it and notice that the Taco will move a little. like a 1/4 inch or so. Try making a left turn in to the drive way and see if it moved to the other side.
I was banking on that, but it's been at least 1000 miles since i noticed it. I was crossing my finger it would just fix itself. Anyhow, gas mileage is always 20+, so perhaps it's not a big deal?
Old 06-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
Black08Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Black08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Another thing is try rocking the back side to side and see if that does anything.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
medic is on a distinguished road
Navy: Flight Deck Director
medic's Tacoma Gallery
I checked my rear axle and it has the same issue. The passenger side is sticking out about an inch more than the drivers side. It is at the shop right now getting looked at. I will post what they find.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
looks like the bed is off a smidge.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Probably not the answer but just a thought. Is the right rear wheel seated in the hub correctly? If it's not it would stick out a little. You'd also have horrible wobbles at speed though too and you certainly would have noticed that.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #13

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys, I got forgot to post what I found out.

Results: I took it to two dealers and they say nothing is wrong with the alignment and mechanically everything is perfect. I guess it's just a little flaw since the bed is a moveable object to the truck.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #14
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
so I guess those firestone guys were right. Now how did they rip you off?
I just bought new Revo 2 last month from FS and i had a very good experience. Not excellent though, because the tires didnt show up when they said it would. Took an extra 3 days.

But got a killer deal, so I didnt mind.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #15
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
my bed was off 3/4 of an inch from the FACTORY. WTF Toyota, where is the quality control?

Mind you, my truck had 2 miles on it when I took delivery, so that pretty much rules out any other possibilities of how the bed was out of alignment.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #16
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
It might be my eyes playing tricks, but are your mudflaps off a bit? Looks like the left one sticks out more from the fender than the right.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #17
Old Guy Member
satchsd is just really nicesatchsd is just really nicesatchsd is just really nicesatchsd is just really nice

Air Force: mech
satchsd's Tacoma Gallery
my truck is the same way. this is my first toyota, bought it based on reputation.I plan on driving this truck for at least 10 years
Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #18
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Hey glad u brought this up! My truck is the same way! the passenger side sticks out just a little past the fender flare while the drivers side is just under! i bought my truck new and its been this way since i took delivery of it. it doesnt seem to affect the way it drives but it IS definitely off!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #19
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same condition and I haven't investigated yet.