Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Lifted truck with stock wheels / tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
PropJet has a spectacular aura aboutPropJet has a spectacular aura about
PropJet's Tacoma Gallery
Lifted truck with stock wheels / tires

Anybody have any pics of a lifted Tacoma with stock wheels and tires? Depending on the outcome at my local dealer regarding getting the leaf spring tsb, I may find myself going ahead and ordering the aal from Toytec. Ideally I'd like to get the ultimate lift kit that they offer, which of course would include the aal's. However, it's not in the budget at this time to get new wheels and tires as well. So here are my options:

1. Order and install an aal.
2. Order the ultimate lift kit and only install the aal portion at this time, saving the remainder for later.
3. Order and install the ultimate lift kit, but keep the stock wheels / tires for now until new wheels / tires are in the budget.

So will this look out of place and ridiculous?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, it doesn't look too bad. You can check my gallery or look at my signature. My tires are 245/70/16
Old 06-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
When I had my 3" level installed, I didn't even notice any height difference until they threw the tires on honestly. To each his own.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
AR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine, on a 3" up front 1.5" in the rear.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
here's mine:
Old 06-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
yah bigger tires would look a lot better just my 2 cents
Old 06-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
snowtaco is on a distinguished road
snowtaco's Tacoma Gallery
you can do it like that and wait for the tires i mean it doesnt look to bad it will look better with the tires but youll appriciate them more this way haha im waiting to get my all terrains hopefully soon
Old 06-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
AR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have my 285s sitting in the garage, just waiting on Wheelers their steel wheels I want are on back order.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #10
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
my rims/tires go on Wednesday, can't wait!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #12
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Don't bother lifiting it if you aren't going to put bigger tires. No offense please, but it looks pretty bad. If money is short get bigger tires and no lift then it looks better not worse.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
Don't bother lifiting it if you aren't going to put bigger tires. No offense please, but it looks pretty bad. If money is short get bigger tires and no lift then it looks better not worse.
That's just your opinion. It doesn't look bad at all, especially if you're simply lifting to even out the rake.

Besides, you're the last person who should be giving suspension advice, mister "I change my suspension setup more than my clothes, oh wait, stock was the best".
Old 06-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #14
PropJet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I lift it, I will put on different tires / wheels at a later time, just not right now. I asked the question because I am possibly needing to put an aal on soon, so going with tires and no lift wouldn't do me any good.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #15
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
That's just your opinion. It doesn't look bad at all, especially if you're simply lifting to even out the rake.

Besides, you're the last person who should be giving suspension advice, mister "I change my suspension setup more than my clothes, oh wait, stock was the best".
I am not the one who should be giving advice huh, lol? You don't know my expertise at all. I have had just about every set up you can have on these tacomas with the exception of a spacer lift. I have had Camburg LT, Icons, OME, and bilstein 5100s. I think my level of expertise far surpases yours.
In any event. I would recommend coilovers first, then OME or 5100s. If you have a ton of money and want to do some rogish off roading then LT is the way to go.
Quit talking out of your ass bro.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJet View Post
Anybody have any pics of a lifted Tacoma with stock wheels and tires? Depending on the outcome at my local dealer regarding getting the leaf spring tsb, I may find myself going ahead and ordering the aal from Toytec. Ideally I'd like to get the ultimate lift kit that they offer, which of course would include the aal's. However, it's not in the budget at this time to get new wheels and tires as well. So here are my options:

1. Order and install an aal.
2. Order the ultimate lift kit and only install the aal portion at this time, saving the remainder for later.
3. Order and install the ultimate lift kit, but keep the stock wheels / tires for now until new wheels / tires are in the budget.

So will this look out of place and ridiculous?
Option 3 would be the best, good luck with your setup.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #17
PropJet's Tacoma Gallery
Just out of curiosity, if I installed the lift now, then the wheels / tires later, would that mean two separate alignments?
Old 06-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #18
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
Quote:
I am not the one who should be giving advice huh, lol? You don't know my expertise at all. I have had just about every set up you can have on these tacomas with the exception of a spacer lift. I have had Camburg LT, Icons, OME, and bilstein 5100s. I think my level of expertise far surpases yours.
In any event. I would recommend coilovers first, then OME or 5100s. If you have a ton of money and want to do some rogish off roading then LT is the way to go.
Quit talking out of your ass bro.
lol.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:42 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
lol.
Perfect response from someone who has absolutely no response. Lets keep it constructive. Please lets keep it constructive and keep the "Moronic" responses to a minimum. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #20
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJet View Post
Just out of curiosity, if I installed the lift now, then the wheels / tires later, would that mean two separate alignments?
yep.