Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Fender Flares question (hope this is a good place for this)

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Fender Flares question (hope this is a good place for this)

I'd like to get some black fender flares for my truck, probably the bushwacker pocket style.

Will I be facing any rubbing issues with the flares if I have rubbing on my frame as it is?
Kinda worried the flares will NOT fit with my All-Pro rear bumper... Thoughts?
I've only been able to find the option for the Access and regular Cab of my year, do double cabs take a different flare?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
cant answer ur question but ur truck is BADASS!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think so cuz the fendor flares are on the outside... I was thinking about getting them cuz i get a little rub but my buddy said that it wouldn't be much help if you want to decrease rubbing.... and yea the DCs have a different size flare... I have been looking for ones myself but they don't Have it for the ones we have yet.....
Old 06-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #4
buy 100% Kona coffee.
RZL is on a distinguished road
RZL's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBlack08 View Post
cant answer ur question but ur truck is BADASS!
yup. x2
Old 06-16-2009, 02:23 AM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Bushwacker doesn't make flares for double cab short beds
Old 06-16-2009, 04:35 AM   #6
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Bushwacker doesn't make flares for double cab short beds
Damn.

Anyone know of an available black flare for a DC Shortbed?

Oh, and thank you guys
Old 06-16-2009, 04:49 AM   #7
DUSTOFF
dustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant future

Army: INFANTRY 1/200th
dustin81's Tacoma Gallery
you should park next to an access cab or reg. cab and see th differences in flares... i would try calling bushwacker and ask if they have what you want or if the ones for access/reg. cab would work
Old 06-16-2009, 04:56 AM   #8
jvand678 is on a distinguished road
jvand678's Tacoma Gallery
bushwacker flares....

Hey man,

the bushwackers can be manipulated to fit the DCSB (lots of heating, shaping, heating, trimming, heating.... to fit the rears)

As for the frame rub, they won't help at all!!! I'm running 285/65/18's on Moto Metals and still have to take it easy on hard reverse turns with 3" of lift.

Like others have said, Bushwacker is supposed to be coming out with the ones that fit our pickups but no telling how much longer it's going to take. At this point, I'd wait it out but I've had mine for about 8 mos now.

Good luck,

Joe