1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what size

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bernardo, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Nov 27, 2007 at 7:16 PM
    bernardo

bernardo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 preRunner SR5
    grille guard in the front, spray in liner, new head unit and speakers
    new member here. i'm putting a 3" lift on my 01 preRunner, what size tires and rims would ya'll recommend

2. Nov 27, 2007 at 7:21 PM
    Holden02

Holden02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    '02, SR5, V6, 4X4.
    3" ToyTec Front Coilovers, 3" AllPro Leafs, 4.88 Yucon Gears, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, Flex-A-Lite Twin Fan, AT Oil Cooler, Safari Snorkel, 16x8 Black Crawler Rims, 305/70r16 Hankook DynaPro MT's, A-Pillar Dual Guage POD w/ Digital Volt Gauge and AT Temp Gauge, XM Radio, Can-Back Soft Top, Custom Rear Bumper, Electric Brake Box & 7-Pin trailer plug, My Custom Winch Bumper with Cheep 8500 lb. "Vortec" Winch. (we'll see how it lasts)
    New to the site too, but been around the block with the Tacoma. With the 3" lift the perfect setup would be 16 x 8 rims with 4" of Back Spacing. Wrapped in 285/75r16 tires. If you are looking at AT tires I would strongly suggest the Nitto Terragrappler. Good luck with it. Which lift are you going to use?

3. Nov 27, 2007 at 7:28 PM
    bernardo

bernardo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 preRunner SR5
    grille guard in the front, spray in liner, new head unit and speakers
    i was lookin at getting the 3" tuff country suspension lift, but if you think there is somethin better out there i'm open to suggestions

4. Nov 27, 2007 at 7:46 PM
    Holden02

Holden02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    '02, SR5, V6, 4X4.
    3" ToyTec Front Coilovers, 3" AllPro Leafs, 4.88 Yucon Gears, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, Flex-A-Lite Twin Fan, AT Oil Cooler, Safari Snorkel, 16x8 Black Crawler Rims, 305/70r16 Hankook DynaPro MT's, A-Pillar Dual Guage POD w/ Digital Volt Gauge and AT Temp Gauge, XM Radio, Can-Back Soft Top, Custom Rear Bumper, Electric Brake Box & 7-Pin trailer plug, My Custom Winch Bumper with Cheep 8500 lb. "Vortec" Winch. (we'll see how it lasts)
    Honestly they are all about the same. They each have their pros and cons. I would not go with the DayStar poly spacers as they tend to compress over time. The aluminum spacers are fine and almost everyone uses them for spacer lifts. I went the overkill route and had to stick with solid steel on the RevTech. Now that I look back on it I my have saved the 100 bucks and gone with the ToyoTek (sp?) or similar brand. All of them are fine just stay away from the poly ones. Spacer lifts are the best "bang for your buck" lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top